I've been using TVersity for a number of years to stream audio and video content throughout my home for a number of years now. I have two theater setups, one in my bedroom and one in my home theater.

In the home theater I have a X-Box 360, a PS3, and an Oppo BDP-83.

In the bedroom I have an X-Box 360 and a Sony BDP-S590.

TVersity has worked great for the most part, only failing to transcode certain MKV files. Now that I've added the Sony BDP-S590 however, it won't transcode the MKV's into a format the BDP will support. This is a deal breaker for me. I purchased the BDP-S590 with the intention of replacing both my older Oppo DV-980H DVD player and the X-Box 360 as a media center with one device that did both jobs as well as played BluRays.

Several people on AVS Forum have recommended Mezzmo to me and after looking at your home page I have to say you are by far more polished and professional looking than anything else I've used/tried to date (TVersity, Twonky, Serviio).

My concerns are with Mezzmo's ability to transcode video on the fly into a format that the Sony BDP-S590 will support. Can Mezzmo do this? Does anyone have experience with it?

If it can't, how about the Samsung BDE5900/ZA or the LG BP620? I JUST bought the Sony and can still exchange it if either of these other players would be a better solution, although the reported issues with Samsungs BluRay playback leave me nervous about thier product.

Thoughts? Input?

Cheers!

- Skip