I have posted several questions and the more I research, the more I am confused. I bought a LG bp620 that time is running out for return, but now I don't know for sure what I need. I have an Onkyo HT 340 that does not have HDMI. I have been trying to play .mkv files that show to be DTS and AC3 files in them. I am running fiber optical from player to Onkyo. The video is great but all that shows up in 3/2.1 DTS and Dolby Digital. The folks over at AVS forum tell me that LG does not support DTS through DLNA. What about Dolby? I don't really care about DTS. To me, it is uncontrollable on volume outburst. I know most people prefer DTS but I am the oddball that does not like getting the sound level set and all of sudden a gunshot or explosion rocks the whole house. Is DTS considered different in the fact of pass through on DLNA? I want to play .mkv with Dolby 5.1 though my system but do I need a different receiver? Will HDMI on my receiver fix this or is something DLNA is just not allowing on all receivers? I have not been transcoding because I have tried that and it is still not 5.1. I have asked for Directv profile for 5.1 and have not received it yet, but from what I am reading, Directv is no different on allowing it. What do I need to be trying to get 5.1 from DLNA? HDMI receiver or get a different blu ray player? I know this long but I would appreciate some of the gurus weighing on this. I am running out of time to return my LG.
Thanks in advance,
Boogity