Thread: Rapidshare

Default Rapidshare

Hello,

Though I've gone through all the posts about downloading files from Rapidshare in this forum, But unfortunately I haven't found the answer to my problem yet.
    I hope somebody can help me out.

First of all a little bit about my situation:
    I've been using Flashget and IDM and I'm testing DownloadStudio before purchasing a license.
    DS version : 5.1.5
    Browser : Firefox 3.5.1
    Using a Rapidshare premium account with Direct-Downloads option ON.

Here's my question:
    While I'm logged into my Rapidshare account with Firfox, I'm able to download files from rapidshare. If I logout, DownloadStudio fails to download the files from rapidshare(even if I have setup a rule for rapidshare with my premium account username and password in site manager).

Is it what it's supposed to be? or it's because of I'm using a trial version?

Download managers like Flashget or IDM doesn't depend on cookies. They use the login Username/password in site manager to access the files in Rapidshare.

Is there any possible way to make DownloadStudio use the login info in site manager instead of using cookies?

Any kind of advice is much appreciate.

DownloadStudio only uses cookies to login to rapidshare. The site manager username and password is only for sites that use HTTP or FTP authentication so adding your rapidshare username and password will not allow you to download from your rapidshare account. We will look at adding the functionality you require in a future version, but at the moment downloadstudio will only use the rapidshare cookie from your browser to download the files.
    Conceiva. Download it with DownloadStudio. Stream it with Mezzmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    DownloadStudio only uses cookies to login to rapidshare. The site manager username and password is only for sites that use HTTP or FTP authentication so adding your rapidshare username and password will not allow you to download from your rapidshare account. We will look at adding the functionality you require in a future version, but at the moment downloadstudio will only use the rapidshare cookie from your browser to download the files.
    thanks for your reply.
    I think I will wait until the new version.
    It's a pity an application with this power depends on cookies for login to a file server.

And how sad I am when I think I have to go back to flashget.
    I hope your new version comes out as soon as possible.