Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Full of problems ALL the new 2.x.x.x version

Alreadu tallied you why i answer to him like this.

Because it tells me that the mezzmo need the super power pc to work the same time that all other dlna program DON'T need the super power pc and do the exact same thing as the mezzmo except the on the fly chapters so....

I don't answer to you in other question with that subject.

I did do some checking. The ffmpeg (and libavcodec) did have a compile switch written in to support the Atom processor. I do not know if it was just for performance optimization or to fix some other problem. But, I can pretty much guess that when mezzmo was compiled they did not use that switch. So, if you have an earlier version that did work for you than copy the ffmpeg to another directory. Install the new version and copy the old ffmpeg into the folder. (Or just open the transcoding settings and change the ffmpeg install folder.)

A couple of things that might help. Do not add all of your media files when you install the new version. Just add 1 or two files and see if it completes. As Paul said one of the things they use ffmpeg for is adding the pics. If you install clean it will need to do all of them again. Once you get the process to complete it may never need to do it again. So if it completes with the 1-2 files then it should eventually complete with the rest of them. But if it is at 100% cpu it may take a long time. Please wait for it to finish.

How you did that? How did you see that there is a switch at the latest ffmpeg codec that it is for intel atom cpu?

For these things you tell i suppose that maybe it is the reason of fault to my sony vaio netbook with intel atom cpu so MAYBE at the next edition of mezzmo and MAYBE the problem solved.

So THIS POST must goes to developments of the program so would ad this switch to next edition of the mezzmo and hope to fix the problems with intel atom cpu and with mine netbook....

So with little words you tell me i take the ffmpeg.exe file from the 2.5.5.0 edition and put it at the 2.6.3.0 edition until the developments of the program add this switch you tell at the next mezzmo release?

I STRONGLY WANT TO BELIEVE THAT THIS IS THE FAULT OF ALL NETBOOK STUCK AND NOT THE NEEDING OF POWERFUL PC SYSTEM THAT PAUL SAID.
    Last edited by fits79; 06-09-2012 at 05:05 PM.

Well the way I found out was to google the term "ffmpeg and atom". Be aware that the term atom is also a programing term that does not have anything to do with the processor. You have to sort through the results to get anything worthwhile. But this thread was interesting. http://doom10.org/index.php?topic=2008.0

Now I do not think that the will use that switch automatically as it may hurt the performance for people that do not need it. But they might be convinced to create a copy that can be installed if you need it. But even if they do not, remember that it is possible for you to download and build ffmpeg if you wish. (There are probably already compiled versions available for download if you look.)

In answer to your question, yes replace the 2.6.3.0 version of ffmpeg with the 2.5.5.0 version if it was working. I would NOT just copy it into the folder for Mezzmo, copy it into a folder like c:\workingffmpeg than when you update Mezzmo it will not overwrite it with a new version. You would just need to change the ffmpeg folder in the transcoding setting tab.

Fits79,

Instead of bullying the helpful Mezzo staff I suggest you rethink your strategy of evaluating software. You can't expect to analyze problems by installing (and likely de-installing) ten different DLNA products just to find out which one supports FFWD. Randomly installing / de-installing software is the recipe for desaster. The only way to do such testing is image-backups of your system partition and restores after each test.

I have upgraded from Mezzmo 2.5 to 2.6.3. just yesterday and 2.6.3. is as rock-stable as 2.5. and all previous versions were. I am using Mezzmo to stream to three different TV's including Samsung C and D series. Chaptering on Samsung C works beautifully. The helpful Conceiva staff - especially Paul - has made Samsung chaptering possible to an extend even Samsung didn't achieve. Whenever something in my installation wasn't working they found out and it was never Mezzmo that failed but stupid-me.

Allow a final comment: Dumping your frustration on the Conceiva staff under different user-ids is consuming capacity that other users need to get real problems addressed. I.o.w. you are a nuisance to an otherwise unparalleled user community.

Bernhard
    Last edited by BeFi; 06-10-2012 at 08:56 PM.

As i see the program still HAS PROBLEMS and the worst thing is that it is increased AND NOT REDUCED as it is normal to this happening with newer versions of the program.

So paul and other development team of THIS PROGRAM PLEASE SEARCH ANOTHER WAY TO MEZZMO WORK AND NOT THIS PATHETIC METHOD YOU ARE USING SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE PROGRAM.

As you see don't reach anywhere these methods....
    Only worse do the things for mezzmo AND NOT GOOD....