Hi
I’ve been using Mezzmo for some weeks now and very happy with its functionality and reliability. Certainly money well spent.

Having found the suggestion the wish list in the forum I wanted to share some ideas to improve GUI and functionality:

Loading external playlist:

• It would be good if the user could add the referenced songs of an existing external playlist (eg .m3u) to a configured standard Mezzmo Playlist.
  • If the external playlist is faulty the application shows a very generic error message and there is no information about what is not working. The status section of the screen could be used to show any issues with a playlist (maybe adding an additional tab next to “FileBrowser”. It would also be good if the application would browse the entire playlist (might be already the case) and show all errors of the playlist.

Deleting Files from library

• Deleting files from a large library freezes the GUI and the application is marked as “Not Responding” by the OS (although it is working and eventually un-freezes). It would be more user friendly of the application would behave like when adding new files / folders to the library. During this process information on progress is displayed in the status section of the screen.
  • When hitting the delete button with more than one file selected no information is displayed on how many files are actually selected and the user can only "choose" to confirm “one by one” or mark the “Apply to all” option in the dialog. Maybe a interaction like in the Windows Explorer would be more user friendly? A message box could ask “Do you really want to delete 320 entries?”. Progress would then be shown like described above.
  • The performance of deleting multiple files from a larger library is anything but good.

Adding Files to a library

• When adding files to a library by adding folders if would be good if the user could choose to just which kind of documents to add (e.g. checkboxes for Music, Video and Photo). This would allow for better management.
    Maybe this function exists and I just missed it?

Regards,
Jochen