Hello,

I´m trying to choose a DLNA Server to my home and serve entertainment to all my DLNA devices that I have. I manage to test several ones like Serviio, iSedora, Wild Media Server, Twonky, Tversity and Mezzmo.

During my evaluation, some aspects were compared: Quality of transcoding, ability to stream subtitles (.SRT), look and feel of the interface manager and running mode (I prefer to run the DLNA Server as a Windows Service).

I finally choose two servers: Mezzmo and WMS, but I have to say that even though Mezzmo is superior on almost of all items evaluates I can´t make it to provide subtitles for my Philips 46PFL7606D as I did with WMS.

Provide subtitles is a major feature that I´m looking for in a DLNA Server. WMS implement this transcoding on-the-fly the video and the subtitle then DLNA renderes can consume that streaming even when they do not support external subtitles.

Is there a way to change this behavior on Mezzmo? I mean, the capability to enforce transcoding (adding a subtitle) even if the device profile says that some conteiners doesn´t need to transcoding.