Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Paul - What is going on here? Not all issues are fixed but you say they are..

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    41

    Default Paul - What is going on here? Not all issues are fixed but you say they are..

    More logs attached....

    Samsung D no longer sees mezzmo...... had blue screen after deleting device profiles......... still hae sync issues with samsung bdp........

    I would just like some transparency as to what is going on ....... I work at a major global software development firm and read logs every day.....
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    11,646

    Default

    I just went through all your logs and your Samsung TV is certainly not communicating with Mezzmo at all. Mezzmo is broadcasting itself across your home network but your TV is not responding.

    Try the following: (i) turn your TV off & on, (ii) turn your router off & on, (iii) check your firewall/system protection software is not blocking UPnP/DLNA communication or MezzmoMediaServer.exe (perhaps things were reset after a firewall/system protection software update), (iv) check the Media Server Settings dialog in Mezzmo & click the Configure Windows Firewall button if it is enabled, and (v) reboot your PC to try to reset things. Let us know how you go.

    Mezzmo Android: Install it on your tablet, smartphone, Android TV or Amazon Fire to browse and stream files from your Mezzmo library to all your devices. Full details at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mez...mo_android.asp
    Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on: Install it into Kodi to stream files from your Mezzmo library directly in Kodi. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...odi_user_guide
    Mezzmo for Roku App: Install it onto your Roku to stream files from your Mezzmo library. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...oku_user_guide
    Wiki: User Guides & Reference Manual at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Mezzmo.DLNA.Server
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/conceiva_mezzmo
    Web: http://www.mezzmo.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I just went through all your logs and your Samsung TV is certainly not communicating with Mezzmo at all. Mezzmo is broadcasting itself across your home network but your TV is not responding.

    Try the following: (i) turn your TV off & on, (ii) turn your router off & on, (iii) check your firewall/system protection software is not blocking UPnP/DLNA communication or MezzmoMediaServer.exe (perhaps things were reset after a firewall/system protection software update), (iv) check the Media Server Settings dialog in Mezzmo & click the Configure Windows Firewall button if it is enabled, and (v) reboot your PC to try to reset things. Let us know how you go.
    Paul,

    The logs I emailed you yesterday showed a connection to everything....did you look at those logs? What happened in-between?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreybc55 View Post
    Paul,

    The logs I emailed you yesterday showed a connection to everything....did you look at those logs? What happened in-between?
    OK - the firewall button did it for the tv..... next up is the syncing issue on the Samsung BDP.....more logs to come soon.....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    11,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreybc55 View Post
    OK - the firewall button did it for the tv..... next up is the syncing issue on the Samsung BDP.....more logs to come soon.....
    OK - great news that your TV is connecting again. We're looking into your other issues now.

    Mezzmo Android: Install it on your tablet, smartphone, Android TV or Amazon Fire to browse and stream files from your Mezzmo library to all your devices. Full details at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mez...mo_android.asp
    Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on: Install it into Kodi to stream files from your Mezzmo library directly in Kodi. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...odi_user_guide
    Mezzmo for Roku App: Install it onto your Roku to stream files from your Mezzmo library. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...oku_user_guide
    Wiki: User Guides & Reference Manual at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Mezzmo.DLNA.Server
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/conceiva_mezzmo
    Web: http://www.mezzmo.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Paul - streaming a batman flick to the samsung BDP - 3 second lag in audio, but not on the samsung tv.......... this never happened before...logs attached are clean for this issue only... ...let me know....
    Attached Files Attached Files

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    11,646

    Default

    Hi Jeff,

    1. The strange characters you see in the Media Devices for the device name of your Samsung BDP is coming directly from the XML device description sent by your Samsung BDP to Mezzmo server. There's nothing we can do about this since that is what the device says is its friendly name. You can change it to a more meaningful name if you like without any consequence (e.g. BD-D5300).

    2. Your logs show streaming your batman MKV to your Samsung D-series TV - which you say is playing fine. Can you create a set of logs streaming the same batman MKV to your Samsung BDP? Firstly, please try changing the device profile for your Samsung BDP to 'Samsung BDP 3D' and see if that is better. If not, then go back to the 'Samsung BDP' device profile and send us a set of logs streaming the batman MKV.

    Mezzmo Android: Install it on your tablet, smartphone, Android TV or Amazon Fire to browse and stream files from your Mezzmo library to all your devices. Full details at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mez...mo_android.asp
    Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on: Install it into Kodi to stream files from your Mezzmo library directly in Kodi. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...odi_user_guide
    Mezzmo for Roku App: Install it onto your Roku to stream files from your Mezzmo library. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...oku_user_guide
    Wiki: User Guides & Reference Manual at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Mezzmo.DLNA.Server
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/conceiva_mezzmo
    Web: http://www.mezzmo.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Hi Jeff,

    1. The strange characters you see in the Media Devices for the device name of your Samsung BDP is coming directly from the XML device description sent by your Samsung BDP to Mezzmo server. There's nothing we can do about this since that is what the device says is its friendly name. You can change it to a more meaningful name if you like without any consequence (e.g. BD-D5300).

    2. Your logs show streaming your batman MKV to your Samsung D-series TV - which you say is playing fine. Can you create a set of logs streaming the same batman MKV to your Samsung BDP? Firstly, please try changing the device profile for your Samsung BDP to 'Samsung BDP 3D' and see if that is better. If not, then go back to the 'Samsung BDP' device profile and send us a set of logs streaming the batman MKV.

    Paul -

    Fresh logs here.....They should start with trying to play batman on BDP with Samsung set to 3D....Fail (syncing issues).....then I shut down the samsung blu ray player and start the same batman flick on the Samsung D TV....no issues...... let me know what you need next...late here in Cali- going to bed....

    (I already sent you batman logs with BDP not set to 3D in the last post)
    Attached Files Attached Files

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    11,646

    Default

    Hi Jeff,

    Thanks for the logs. I can see that Mezzmo server streams about 300MB of the 16GB MKV file to your Samsung BDP, but then your Samsung BDP closes the connection suddenly & then just lists the folder/playlist again that you are browsing. This can be due to the Samsung BDP's firmware being unable to play the MKV file natively some some reason (e.g. the bitrate is too high).

    Please post the FFmpeg information on the MKV file. To do this, right-click on the MKV file and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'.

    One thing to try that will confirm if the MKV is not playable on your Samsung BDP is to pre-transcode the file before streaming it. Choose the 'Samsung BDP' device profile again. Then, right-click on the MKV file in Mezzmo and click 'Pre-transcode Files'. Select your Samsung BDP from the device list and click 'Choose Formats'. In the Transcoding Formats dialog, selected the bolded format (matroska) and check the 'Force full transcode of all channels' checkbox. Click OK and then check the 'Pre-transcode files even if they match the device's supported formats' checkbox. Click OK and go to the Transcoding pane. Wait until transcoding has finished (it may take some time given how large the large the MKV is). Once transcoding has completed, then stream the MKV file to your Samsung BDP again. Let us know how that goes.

    Mezzmo Android: Install it on your tablet, smartphone, Android TV or Amazon Fire to browse and stream files from your Mezzmo library to all your devices. Full details at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mez...mo_android.asp
    Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on: Install it into Kodi to stream files from your Mezzmo library directly in Kodi. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...odi_user_guide
    Mezzmo for Roku App: Install it onto your Roku to stream files from your Mezzmo library. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...oku_user_guide
    Wiki: User Guides & Reference Manual at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Mezzmo.DLNA.Server
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/conceiva_mezzmo
    Web: http://www.mezzmo.com

Similar Threads

  1. Updated fixed Xbox 360 Profile - Attached.
    By tspeirs in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-22-2011, 09:49 AM
  2. minor "Quick fix" issues that need to be fixed before I can buy
    By xcom923 in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 10:57 PM
  3. BDP-570 issues
    By joewb in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 11:30 AM
  4. A Few Issues
    By kitsunegari in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-21-2011, 09:33 AM
  5. Various issues
    By joewb in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 09:03 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •