Thread: 2.6.7. on Samsung D causes repeat device disconnects

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Resolved: 2.6.7. on Samsung D causes repeat device disconnects

Update Oct 01: Disconnects are resolved with 2.7.1.

All seemed good with 2.6.7 and Samsung TVs at first but only until I tried to view video streams to their end.

The streams viewed on Samsung D are interrupted after 5-20 mins with a 'Device Disconnected' error and the TV reverts to TV reception. Mezzmo reconnects to the TV. I can restart streaming immediately but with the same effect. The video is MP2 and is not transcoded when streamed.

Now you will say 'Send us logs', So I switched on logging, replayed the stream that had just failed during three attempts and presto I went through to the end. Restarted the stream with logging ON, played fine, third time with logging ON played fine.

Now guess: Logging OFF, stream interrupted after 5 mins (device disconnected), seccnd run without logging, stream interrupted after 20 mins (device disconnected).

Essence: No logs of the device disconnects. Please don't repeat your earlier comment that 'Logging shouldn't affect streaming'. I have the second proof that it does.

Logs of the said stream playing fine with logging ON to the end on Samsung D have been set to you via email.

My other Samsung - a Samsung C - plays streams fine. I watched several MP2 streams in the past days and none was interrupted.

You see me deeply frustrated about Mess-Mo. Version 2.6 has been nothing but disaster since its initial shipment. Drop it, let your users revert to 2.5 and start over!
    Last edited by BeFi; 10-02-2012 at 05:08 AM.