Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rapidshare Connections

Talking Rapidshare Connections

Yea, I know, another question from a NewbiE..

JUST got my new Conceiva D/S Up & Running, always have a full-legal R/S Prem account.
    I'm only getting *1* connection to R/S, and can't seem to find *any* settings internally inside my account @ R/S to re-set....

Hey !
    Thanks for any enlightenment !!
    Qui~

Hi,

When you first install there is a site rule in DownloadStudio that restricts RapidShare downloads by default. As a rapidshare premium user you can turn this off. Here's how:

Go to the options dialog in DownloadStudio (Tools menu > Options...)
    Select the 'Site Rules' section. This is where site specific download settings can be set up.
    You should see a rule 'rapidshare.*' in this list.
    You can delete this rule or edit it to set the number of connections/splits you would like to use for rapidshare.
    Conceiva. Download it with DownloadStudio. Stream it with Mezzmo.

Hi,

By default Download Studio has a site rule for RapidShare that is configured to only allow 1 connection (so that it works with non-premium accounts). Go to Tools -> Options -> Site Rules and scroll down the "Site List" until you find the rule for rapidshare.* As you have a premium account either delete this rule or edit it and change the "Maximum number of connections:" and "Maximum number of splits per file:" options to suit yourself.

edit: Beaten by Brent :-)

Regards,
    Terry
    Last edited by Terry; 12-19-2009 at 11:09 AM.

Default Thank You !!

Fixed and perfect !!

Doesn't using more splits on rapidshare make your trafficshare get used up faster?

Downloading with multiple splits does not download any more data than downloading with one split.

Trafficshare seems to be based on volume of the data downloaded, not the number of times a request is sent to a url. If this is the case then using multiple splits will not use the trafficshare quota up any quicker than downloading with 1 split.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Downloading with multiple splits does not download any more data than downloading with one split.

Trafficshare seems to be based on volume of the data downloaded, not the number of times a request is sent to a url. If this is the case then using multiple splits will not use the trafficshare quota up any quicker than downloading with 1 split.
    hmm. i'm gonna check that out. Because i remember when i first got download studio adn i tried it when rapidshare had the ten gigs a day limit, if i downloaded like three gigs with 10 splits it would say i exceeded my limit. so i've always done it with one split on rapidshare for years now. I'm gonna check it out and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by clark kent View Post
    hmm. i'm gonna check that out. Because i remember when i first got download studio adn i tried it when rapidshare had the ten gigs a day limit, if i downloaded like three gigs with 10 splits it would say i exceeded my limit. so i've always done it with one split on rapidshare for years now. I'm gonna check it out and report back.
    very odd.. even when i choose to 2-10 splits it goes to just one no matter what and i can't get it to do splits.

Did you remove the rule from the site rules dialog?

Here are the instructions:

Go to the options dialog in DownloadStudio (Tools menu > Options...)
    Select the 'Site Rules' section. This is where site specific download settings can be set up.
    You should see a rule 'rapidshare.*' in this list.
    You can delete this rule or edit it to set the number of connections/splits you would like to use for rapidshare.
    After deleting this site rule you should be able to create a new job for a rapidshare download and it should use the default number of splits you have set.

DLS 5.2.2.0
    Chrome 4.0.249.89
    Rapidshare.com premium acc (direct d/l enabled, logged)
    Windows 7

Can't d/l any file with DLS as it gets only html pages. In Firefox i couldn't create a job in DLS directly but i could d/l file from link in browser (via context menu). Now i can't use DLS for rs at all.
    Last edited by di7ra; 03-05-2010 at 09:34 AM.