I have a lot of Hi Res audio files on my PC (Win7), which is in another room of the house.
Currently, I use Mezzmo on the PC, stream via LAN over Powerline to my Sony BD player in the living room. The BD player's Component cable goes to my AV receiver (so I can operate the DLNA and the SONY GUI on the TV). The BD player's audio goes via S/PDIF to my Dacmagic plus.
CHALLENGE: The BD player only accepts 16/44 LPCM files via LAN. My DAC can take up to 24/196 via USB.

QUESTION: Is there a way to output Mezzmo audio via USB and use a spare LAN port near the BD / DacMagic with a Cat5-to-USB converter and feed the audio stream directly to the DacMagic Plus USB input?

I could still navigate the music directories onscreen via the BD GUI, but the files (including those with higher bit rates) would stream to the DacMagic Plus' USB input.

Put another way: in my solution (assuming for a second that my theory is correct, which is a big assumption), the PC / DLNA solution is the source and I establish a direct USB connection from the PC USB port via LAN to the Cambridge DacMagic Plus' USB input.

The (Sony BD) player is ONLY used to display the track information on the TV screen.

In other words: I browse to a track on the TV screen and press Play on the Sony BD remote. The DLNA on the PC starts playing the track and feeds both lines (USB output and Ethernet output). The sound goes via USB-LAN-USB to the DAC.
The visual info (track, elapsed time etc.) goes via ethernet to the BD player.

I'm hoping this question makes sense and that you can provide me with a definitive yes/no answer

Thanks.