Hi,

I've recently purchaced Mezzmo and have been experiencing a annoying problem.

I'm running Mezzmo server on a Windows Vista 64 platform powered by a Intel e8500 dual core CPU 4 GB memory, running through a 100Mbs wired network to a Sony Bravia KDL-46Z5500 TV.

Instalation ran smoothly and Mezzmo detected the presence of the TV and the TV can find the Mezzmo server.

Every so often during the playback of a video I recieve a message on the TV "Cannot access the server. Check server settings"

When I check the server settings on the TV every thing looks OK and when I play using the TV remote the video it gernerally restarts at the point a second or two before the problem occurred.

Some of the thing I have tried
* I have set the bit rate of the transcoded video to the smallest setting and have monitored the network load on the Server PC. The network load hovers around 10-15%. and there are no spikes at the point that the playback stops.
*Durring transcoding I have monitored the CPU usage and it goes up to about 80-90% and then drops down to 20% after the transcoding is completed. I don't think it goes up to 100% bfor any length of time.
* I have replaced the cable that connects the TV to the router.
* I have tried disabling my real time anti virus software.
* I have killed unused processess and removed other wired devices from the router.
*I have tried re-enstalling the software and applying the latest patch (2.1.2.0)

I am really happy with the playback quality of the transcoded files and the Mezzmo software but as I said it is really annoying when it stops working.

If there is anything you can suggest I try to resolve the problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ian.