I would like to create playlists that contain specific files which may be scattered across multiple folders. There are no attributes that could identify these files other than I want to put them in a collection together.

I'm new to Mezzmo, but I read that we can create a new folder and drag files into it. A couple of issues with this. First, help does not make it clear if this actually moves, copies or just creates a pointer to these files. The latter would be ideal. Even in that case, it's troublesome to do this with a large pre-existing list of files. That's where Add Files from External Playlist would help right? But what if your external playlist type is not supported?

To use a specific example, with an image viewer like PolyView, one can create a slideshow script which basically contains a simple options header followed by a line with full path for each file you include. Unfortunately, Mezzmo does not currently import PVS files.

So, it would be nice if Mezzmo could add PVS file support and/or allow creation of a playlist from a list of files as long as the full path is included and the media type is supported.