Hey Guys,
When doing the setup that was one of the first things I checked. Since I don't have a wireless adapter the Viera will recognize (yet) it is hard-wired via cat 5 ethernet. It shows up fine with IP adresses/subnet. Under Mezzmo I can find the viera under media devices but in Viera link/tools...nothing about any streaming or network. If I click on media viewer it wants a usb device. My AV media is on 2 separate HDD (external WD 1TB each) and my media is about 1.5 TB and growing.

So the tv shows up in my router fine, but not in my network locally, just from the router setup page. I even tried to have the viera "host" Mezzmo and opened the ports for it but still no joy.

Since we sold one of our set top cable boxes thinking we could have Bell when we moved (wrong for now) we can't pause or time-shift. So I wanted to take advantage of win 7 media center to watch and record live tv and have that capability. Also just want to have the ability to stream movies to the 50 inch plasma. We do have one extra computer that I could place near the tv and get another external HDD to transfer the AV onto and connect directly to the tv, but then we have to look at that silver tower model which I would rather not have to do. Going for the minimalist look now.

I know there are many ways to skin a cat, so if anyone has any clever concepts, I'm open. I just don't want to have to spend more than another $100 bucks. I've been going overboard on software and stuff for my music computer and keyboards (home recording studio).

Thanks in advance.