Hi,

I downloaded the 15day trial mezzmo 1.1.2.0. Installed mezzmo server on my Windoze xp pro SP2 32-bit machine, 3.5Gb RAM, 550Gb Disk (couple 100Gb Free space).

Firstly - dont forget to start the UPnP windoze service or nothing works at all!

Problems are:

adding to library:
It has not been possible to reliably add anyhing to the library, mezzmo 'encounters a problem' and must close. So far I have added around 40 mp3, wmv and a few m4a files. It ALWAYS crashes adding large WAV (lossless rips using windoze media player 11) files. It ALWAYS crashes when adding VTS's.

streaming:
I use a Linksys (KiSS) 1600 dmr version 1 with firmware v1.1.17. After a reboot of the dmr, it locates the mezzmo server and talks to it to get the browsing hierarchy but it can never find any actual media. Is there something extra has to be done to get sharing to share content or is my UPnP device not compatible in some way perhaps?

I have been using Windoze mp 11 media sharing but the client device cannot reliably find the server so I gave up with that one. I switched to the very unix oriented kissdx as it can play DVD iso's as well as VOB's directly however it has no nice gui, so I'm constantly looking for something such as mezzmo! btw, both windoze mp and kissdx are disabled while mezzmo runs.

I enabled diagnostic logs and mezzmoservice traces that it sends the browse hierarchy but no evidence that I can see of it trying to access any content from the library. I wont post it here as its hundreds of lines long but I can get it if needed.

tia