Thread: Multiple installations throughout the home network - presale question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Multiple installations throughout the home network - presale question

Hi I've just ditched tversity due to bad device support and currently trialling mezzmo. So much better program btw.

What works best for our home is to have multiple mezzmo installations. Is this possible from a license and functionality point of view?

I would rather not have one main server that has to be on all the time so as to conserve energy. Also, we upgrade various machines around the house at different times so the most powerful, capable machine will vary. Invaribly the more communal pc like the one in the living room next to the tv is one that has been superceded. eg mine is a p4 3.2ghz/4gb ram xp machine. When I talk to friends this is often the case for them to. Quite often the kids will have the latest pc with the most media on it in their rooms. But we are always telling them to turn it off to promote energy conservation etc and dont want to change that.

How many pc installations in a household does a $29 licence give you?

I notice that in testing my one office machine that my panasonic bdt220 just see's my mezzmo installation as "mezzmo" and doest specify what pc it's on. If I install mezzmo on each pc how is it addressed by the device as various machines are turned on and off during the day?

I like the idea that mezzmo is transparent and knows when or not other mezzmo servers are available and it all just clusters under the one name. Is this the case?

Regards
    Ben

PS I did search the forum but stopped after 15min of not seeing anything on the subject.
    Last edited by bcslaam; 10-17-2012 at 01:30 PM.