I recently bought a Panasonic DMT-BDT220 bluray player and was looking for a DLNA server that can stream AVCHD videos from my desktop (Vista) to my bluray player and after tweaking with some network setting, Mezzmo fit my needs perfectly. I am now able to watch picture and stream music and some videos perfectly.
But when I try to play an AVCHD file, it freezes for like a second after playing with say 4-5 seconds. First I thought it could be because of the transcoding, but I am having this problem even with transcoding off. Please note that my desktop (server) as well as the bluray player (client) both are connected wirelessly to the router and I have selected Panasonic BDP as the device profile.
Another problem is the bluray player does not support AVI files, so basically I need a way to tell Mezzmo to transcode the avi files but not other files. I am not sure how/where to configure that.
Any help is much appreciated and thanks in advance. It would be great if I get this all sorted out before my trial version expires and I can make a decision to buy this. I mean for all the other purposes, this product is very good but I would feel better spending money if it works flawless.