Hello,

First off I apologize if this has already been addressed in a previous post, I tried to search for a similar scenario/solution but didn't have any luck. I'm sure there is one, but the same scenario did not show up in the first few search results pages.

I saw in another thread for someone else' issue they had to delete the XBOX 360 profile from their device list and then try again, so I tried that, and it worked! I could play my 720p .mkv files, but I noticed the non-HD shows I have that are .mp4 files still did not play. So I gave up trying for the day. The next day I went to try to play one of the 720p .mkv files again, but it did not play! The .mp4 files still do not play as well. So I deleted the XBOX device profile again within Mezzmo, and then it automatically added itself back in again, and now the .mkv file plays again, and the .mp4 files still do not. I am sure that they won't play again tomorrow, or probably after I turn off my XBOX and turn it back on.

I enabled logging yesterday before trying to play with the settings so I'm hoping that will assist in finding my fix. What logs or information do I need to copy and paste or send to you to analyze? And how do I get to the information if not the log file? I noticed the log files are very long so I'm not sure what to send, or the whole file.

I want to be able to play .mp4's and .mkv files onto my xbox. I took my xbox to my friends house and they were able to stream their shows without issues with another software, so I know it's not my XBOX.

What could the problem be? What is the fix? Thanks!

- Jon