Thread: Streaming Pause / Freezes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Streaming Pause / Freezes

I have now purchased Mezzmo and I am fairly pleased with it after getting through a few teething problems with help from the excellent support found here. (although still trying to resolve some ongoing).

I now have a more disturbing issue. Video streaming to my Sony Bravia pauses and freezes. Dropping out and selecting the file to play again seems to resume these more often than not. On occasion the TV reports that it cannot find the server.... and again sometimes is able to resume once the file is selected.

This problem doesn't seem to be related to transcoding as the server seems happily working away with its CPU usage at 60 - 70%. It does it whilst transcoding and after transcoding is completed. There seems to be no set pattern as to when it does it.

The Bravia is connected via wired network (100M) so isn't subjected to wireless problems.

As you can imagine this is annoying when viewing something and having to restart it and sometimes this can take quite a while and even requires a restart of Mezzmo to get it successfully streaming again.

Any advice would be appreciated especially now I have purchased this product.
    Last edited by JamboUK; 07-04-2010 at 08:45 AM.