Thread: Downloading All the Zip Files from a Website

Exclamation Downloading All the Zip Files from a Website

I'm trying to download all the zip files from a website that I am a member of. I tried using the URL Sniffer, Add Job > Download Site Files, the RSS download, the Download Wizard, Download Current Page, Site Explorer, RegExp Settings, ...

I inputted my username and password. I set up the Site Rules. I think I've done everything possible short of ripping my hair out. But for whatever reason the zip files never show up.

Please help!

Hi Aryadne,

As the files are located behind a secure login system, first thing to do is to establish if you can download one of the zip files using DownloadStudio.

Normally for files that require a username and password DownloadStudio will use the cookies from your browser to help access the download. On the website you are trying to download from ensure that you check 'Remember me', which will make the website write out a persistent cookie that DownloadStudio can use. So to test if DownloadStudio can access the files, get the URL to a single zip file on the site and enter it is as a single download job. If the job fails, then DownloadStudio has not been able to access the file. If this happens, try logging into the website in an alternative web browser, as sometimes this can help. Also if you are logging into the website using InPrivate or Incognito modes then DownloadStudio will not be able to access the cookie.

Once you can download a single zip file, you can try downloading all zip files from a web site. The method to use here will vary from site to site, but the most useful function will be to select the action "Download Site Files". Check the help file (F1) for this dialog to get more information about what the 'Span Across' and 'Link depth' settings do for a site job.

Regards,

Brent
    Conceiva. Download it with DownloadStudio. Stream it with Mezzmo.