Thread: Downloading video tutorials from AdobeTV site. DS can't, but TubeDigger can. Why so?

Unhappy Downloading video tutorials from AdobeTV site. DS can't, but TubeDigger can. Why so?

I am unable to download from the AdobeTV site, the link for it is here: AdobeTV

Download Studio doesn't even find the video that is playing. When the "Download Video using Download Studio..." is selected from the right-click menu on the page, the URL Sniffer pops-up and keeps sniffing....for hours! It doesn't find ANYTHING, even though the video is playing, and even when the page is refreshed and the video reloaded, URL Sniffer doesn't detect it. In fact, no links except for some 340kb unimportant link is listed, that's all. Nothing else is detected on that page..weird indeed.

I have tried opening DS on Firefox 32bit, IE latest version, but none work in sniffing-out any video on this link.

I am not only thoroughly disappointed but amazed that DS can't find a simple video on the AdobeTV site. Out of frustration, I tried the TubeDigger program, and it detected the video instantl, as an .FLV file, and even began the download of the video playing. Unfortunately, it was a trial download, so I can't download more than 50% of the video.

I wish Download Studio would do the same and work as expected, and at least detect the video playing on the page. Why can't it work when TubeDigger can?

Using: Download Studio 7.0, purchased version.

Hi,

The video on the link you provided is server using the RTMP streaming protocol.

We have added support for most videos using this protocol in DownloadStudio 8, currently in beta testing. You can download it for free here.

Once installed, start URL Sniffer, then load the web page containing the video and Sniffer should find the RTMP video links.
    Conceiva. Download it with DownloadStudio. Stream it with Mezzmo.