Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: BD-D6500 - Slow to recognize Mezzmo, disconnects browsing folders and while playing

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Thanks, Mark. We'll check out your logs and report back.
    In the mean time, I did some more investigating. I have an old box that had Mezzmo 2.4.5 that has not been started up in quite some time. When I start 2.4.5 up, the BD-D6500 recognized Mezzmo in seconds. I did so everytime, repeatedly. After restarts of the BDP, Media Server restarts restarts of the pc and restarts of the network, it recognized Mezzmo in seconds. Then I upgraded Mezzmo to 3.0.2. The BDP only recognized Mezzmo once after multiple tries of the scenarios above. And when it recognized Mezzmo, it tool 5 plus minutes.

    So... A few months back, I fixed this same issue on my other Samsung BDP (after your instance that I had network issues) by hard wiring to that location. I do not have that ability in this area. And given that prior versions of Mezzmo seem to work great with the BD-D6500 and the newer versions do not, what is the deal? When and why did you turn Mezzmo from an AK-47 into an M-16? (Google Ak47 vs M16 tolerances). Mezzmo used to just work. I find that I am having to spend more and more time making Mezzmo work. I am having trouble understanding what is happening here.



    A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.

    - Thomas Payne

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    11,616

    Default

    Hi Mark,

    We're analyzing your logs now and we can see a problem. We will email you shortly.

    Mezzmo Android: Install it on your tablet, smartphone, Android TV or Amazon Fire to browse and stream files from your Mezzmo library to all your devices. Full details at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mez...mo_android.asp
    Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on: Install it into Kodi to stream files from your Mezzmo library directly in Kodi. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...odi_user_guide
    Mezzmo for Roku App: Install it onto your Roku to stream files from your Mezzmo library. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...oku_user_guide
    Wiki: User Guides & Reference Manual at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Mezzmo.DLNA.Server
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/conceiva_mezzmo
    Web: http://www.mezzmo.com

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Hi Mark,

    We're analyzing your logs now and we can see a problem. We will email you shortly.
    I am curious to hear what you think.



    A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.

    - Thomas Payne

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    11,616

    Default

    Hi Mark,

    Email just sent. Let us know how your testing goes.

    Mezzmo Android: Install it on your tablet, smartphone, Android TV or Amazon Fire to browse and stream files from your Mezzmo library to all your devices. Full details at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mez...mo_android.asp
    Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on: Install it into Kodi to stream files from your Mezzmo library directly in Kodi. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...odi_user_guide
    Mezzmo for Roku App: Install it onto your Roku to stream files from your Mezzmo library. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...oku_user_guide
    Wiki: User Guides & Reference Manual at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Mezzmo.DLNA.Server
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/conceiva_mezzmo
    Web: http://www.mezzmo.com

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    70

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Hi Mark,

    Email just sent. Let us know how your testing goes.
    SOLVED!

    Attention all Samsung BDP users using wireless. If you have set a static IP in the Samsung device, please change it back to dynamic. Manual back to Auto. For some reason, it looks like the code in the device for the static IP setup is not functioning correctly. It limits the player ability to reach out to a media server and it also seems to cause the player not be able to hear a media server that is announcing itself. This has also attributed to some drops in playback and file navigation drops once connected.

    I have confirmed this on two models - BD-D6500 and BD-C6500. Once I switched back to Auto (dynamic), Mezzmo appears at device start up every time now.

    This does not impact wired connections.

    Thanks to Paul for providing a detailed explanation of the parts of the DNLA protocol.



    A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.

    - Thomas Payne

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    29

    Default

    So, this is a Samsung issue? I have filtering setup to only show certain content to this device. If I switch the player to DHCP I can't set a specific rule for it as the IP may be different every time it's turned on. Does the patch that was emailed fix the problem, or is there some other way I can still send filtered content to a device without a static ip?

    I've just been doing a bit of Googling for this after reading the above post and came across this post (and other similar ones)...
    Code:
    http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/13306-dhcp-works-static-ip-doesnt.html
    To sum up, even though this should never be the solution in my case, all my devices have static ip's, it appears that setting static ip numbers outside the range provided by the DHCP server might fix this fault. Reading through the post sounds promising and I will try it out this afternoon. I'd like to hear if this works for anyone else also.

    ...

    I tried this last night on most of the devices around my home, wireless, ethernet and powerline. I changed all of the static IP's to numbers outside the range allocated by DHCP and ... instant detection! I tried multiple times on multiple devices and it worked every time. I still had timeouts and things associated with Samsung equipment, but the Mezzmo server was found every time.

    There is a chance this may just be a coincidence, and it will break the next time I use it, but it looks promising at the moment.
    Last edited by Snyper; 03-12-2013 at 09:31 AM.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Just letting everyone know that since I made the changes mentioned above, I haven't had this issue reoccur. It looks like this may be the solution to many of the 'slow detection', 'mezzmo drops out', etc. issues.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    11,616

    Default

    Many thanks for the confirmation, Snyper. We'll read up about this and see if it is culprit that causes some users to have connection issues.

    Mezzmo Android: Install it on your tablet, smartphone, Android TV or Amazon Fire to browse and stream files from your Mezzmo library to all your devices. Full details at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mez...mo_android.asp
    Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on: Install it into Kodi to stream files from your Mezzmo library directly in Kodi. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...odi_user_guide
    Mezzmo for Roku App: Install it onto your Roku to stream files from your Mezzmo library. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...oku_user_guide
    Wiki: User Guides & Reference Manual at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Mezzmo.DLNA.Server
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/conceiva_mezzmo
    Web: http://www.mezzmo.com

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
    So, this is a Samsung issue? I have filtering setup to only show certain content to this device. If I switch the player to DHCP I can't set a specific rule for it as the IP may be different every time it's turned on. Does the patch that was emailed fix the problem, or is there some other way I can still send filtered content to a device without a static ip?

    I've just been doing a bit of Googling for this after reading the above post and came across this post (and other similar ones)...
    Code:
    http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/13306-dhcp-works-static-ip-doesnt.html
    To sum up, even though this should never be the solution in my case, all my devices have static ip's, it appears that setting static ip numbers outside the range provided by the DHCP server might fix this fault. Reading through the post sounds promising and I will try it out this afternoon. I'd like to hear if this works for anyone else also.

    ...

    I tried this last night on most of the devices around my home, wireless, ethernet and powerline. I changed all of the static IP's to numbers outside the range allocated by DHCP and ... instant detection! I tried multiple times on multiple devices and it worked every time. I still had timeouts and things associated with Samsung equipment, but the Mezzmo server was found every time.

    There is a chance this may just be a coincidence, and it will break the next time I use it, but it looks promising at the moment.
    Nice follow-up. I may try the static IP outside of my DHCP range. Using DHCP, while getting me Mezzmo back, is a minor inconvenience. Thanks.

    BTW - Not sure if this is a Samsung problem or not. I do have other devices - Sony, M$, Apple, Android - that do not have an issue with using a static IP inside of my DHCP range. I am still using them this way today with no issues. Perhaps my Samsungs are a bit sensitive
    Last edited by mark11; 04-04-2013 at 02:30 PM.



    A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.

    - Thomas Payne

Similar Threads

  1. Mezzmo problem with showing folders on TV and playing mkv files
    By Gile1 in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-12-2014, 04:00 PM
  2. Xbox 360 can't recognize Mezzmo ???
    By Periodic owner in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2013, 12:25 PM
  3. Mezzmo response is slow when browsing from a DMC or iPhone / Android apps
    By TVsoundguy in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-15-2011, 10:04 AM
  4. Folder browsing slow or inconsistent
    By Rudiboy in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-16-2011, 12:55 PM
  5. TV Does Not Recognize Mezzmo right away
    By mcutugno in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-28-2010, 09:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •