Thread: Odd issue since buying Mezzmo. After 4m20s video playback stutters until mouse moved

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Odd issue since buying Mezzmo. After 4m20s video playback stutters until mouse moved

Hey there guys,

I have an issue where playback can be fine for a certain period, but then playback will stutter repeatedly after a certain timeframe. Basically, after 4m20s the playback stutters terribly. I just paused the film, and then played again, which sometimes sorted it, but mostly didn't. Anyway, I stumbled across the fact that something on my PC is interfering with the playback after a certain amount of time... and when moving the mouse on my laptop, the movie continues to play perfectly... EVERY time!! So, it's nice to have something repeatable... but I never got this with the trial version of Mezzmo that I used to run... but a lot has changed since then. I'm on Win 8 now, after a complete format, so it's tricky to tell what is the problem.

I've disabled all power saving from my laptop, also disabled real-time virus checks. Don't have any other virus software installed. Also uninstalled Microsoft Intellipoint software as I have had major problems with that interfering with other software in the past... but none of that helps.

So, has anyone else got this same issue? And if not, have you Mezzmo guys got any ideas as to what else I can change settings-wise that can stop this?

Thanks for your help,
    Tim

Tech Specs:

Laptop is Dell XPS Studio L501X
    8GB RAM
    i7 1.86ghz
    Win 8 64-bit Pro (with Media Centre installed too)

TV is Panasonic TX-P42GT30B
    Last edited by lardbros; 03-23-2013 at 11:30 PM.