I’m setting up Mezzmo to stream to a PS3. I’m concerned only with video here.

The PS3 shows the title, length, thumbnail and a date. So far, as best I can tell, that date is always the same as the date portion of the Created field in Mezzmo (which, in turn, seems to be the FullDate field from the mgofile table in the database interpreted as an Excel-1900 timestamp: i.e., days elapsed since December 30, 1899).

Also, as best I can tell, the rule is that if Mezzmo identifies a year in the file name, Created is set to January 1st of that year; otherwise, it is set to whichever of the file’s creation and modification timestamps is later.

Is all that correct? Are there other sources of data for the Created field that I haven’t discovered yet?

Since the field is displayed as a month, day and year on the PS3, I would like to see the premiere date for movies and the original air date for television shows. So far, I can only come up with two ways to accomplish that:

1. Set both the creation and modification dates of the file to the desired date using a utility like Attribute Magic, and avoid including the year in the file name; then move (not copy, which would change the creation date) the file into a monitored folder.

2. After adding the file to a monitored folder, use an SQLite utility to modify the FullDate field in the database to the appropriate Excel-1900 equivalent of the desired date.

Either of those will become tiresome very quickly. Is there a better way?