Thread: Mezzmo 3.2 AND Sharp Aquos LC-46LE830E AND Android BubbleUPNP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy Mezzmo 3.2 AND Sharp Aquos LC-46LE830E AND Android BubbleUPNP

I purchased Mezzmo more than 1 year ago, when it was at 2.5 version, and didn't have problems for long time.
    It runs on my main PC, that is an AMD Phenom 9850 (4-core cpu @2,5Ghz), with 4Gb of DDR2 RAM and Windows Xp Sp3.
    I have a LAN made with cat6 gigabit lan cables. My modem-router is the Netgear DGND4000, and I also have one D-Link 8-port switch.
    I already did a coulple of tests turning off ALL the LAN devices, except the ones needed for the test itself.

Now, the two issues I'm experiencing.

1) I have one Sharp Aquos Quattron 3D LCD TV, Model LC-46LE830E. The TV updated it's own firmware to the latest version, that is the 2.08, latest one.
    I don't know if the problem comes from this, but now the streaming of the videos is not regular. I mean -- I have LOTS of avi/mpeg/mkv videos, all of them playing perfectly on my PC. But some of those are correctly streamed to my TV, some others are not. The ones are not have this behaviour: once I select the file I want to view, the streaming seems to start (and the leds on my LAN switch blink a lot, too), but after 3 to 6 seconds, the TV monitor returns to the previous list of the files, and on the screen is not shown even a single frame of the movie.
    I tried with lots of movies, and really don't know why. Some DivX plays perfectly, some other doesn't. Same stuff with mkv and MPEG. Some plays, some doesn't. I'm getting MAD. @_@

2) I also have some mobile devices: more closely, one Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android 4.1.2) and one Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (Android 4.1.2).
    I use Mx Player Pro and BubbleUPNP to play the Mezzmo Streams on those devices too. But Here I have a different issue.
    On THESE devices, the streaming starts good for ALL the video files, including the ones that do not work on the Sharp Quattron TV, but after 4 to 10 seconds, the streaming starts to be irregular. To have an idea, think on a video played while pressing pause and restarting it again 6-8 times EACH SECOND. Well, that's how I see the videos on my mobile devices.
    The weird part comes now. It's not a LAN/bandwidth problem, becouse I can walkaround that by running pre-transcode of the videos I wanna see. In this case, all goes OK. And it's not even a problem of computing power, becouse I get this problem on my mobiles even with the files that plays perfectly on my TV.

I'll add one more thing. I also have one BluRay 3D player, the Sharp BR HP35, with the latest firmware available. This device is connected to the LAN ON THE SAME NETWORK SEGMENT, that's to say, to the same LAN switch were the TV is connected, too.
    Well, ALL the avi/mpeg/mkv files PLAY PERFECTLY using DLNA on the BluRay player, including those giving problems on TV and mobile devices.
    THE SAME videos that don't play at all on the TV, play perfectly on the BluRay player.
    So, again, it's not network/bandwidth/cpu problem. It's somewhat related to mezzmo/TV/MxPlayerPro compatibility, IMHO.

I'm really getting MAD. @_@ REALLY.
    Can you help me?
    Thanks a lot in advance.
    Last edited by Infinity; 06-01-2013 at 05:42 AM. Reason: More tests, more infos