Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: WD Live TV & Live TV Plus and MKV

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Peter,

    That is where the problem lies, Mezzmo is not transcoding these files. Even when I manually select the file, set it to transcode it "stalls" out. Again the is an iCore 7, 16 GB ram, Windows 8 Pro and it is only acting as the Mezzmo server with nothing else running other than BitDefender Total Security anti-virus.

    I did make some drive changes this week and now Mezzmo is running on a 3 TB drive (only app accessing that drive) with a 2TB boot drive (93% empty) and the movies on a second 3 TB drive.

    Thoughts?

    Wilson

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    11,616

    Default

    Hi Wilson,

    If you try to pre-transcode the file, does it transcode fully or does it fail? Right-click on the video in Mezzmo and click 'Pre-transcode Files' (see this FAQ to pre-transcode files - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread...nscoding-Files). Then go to the Transcoding pane and check if the file has been transcoded successfully. If it is listed as Failed, then click on the Failed status hyperlink and post the FFmpeg output here so we can see why it is failing.

    Mezzmo Android: Install it on your tablet, smartphone, Android TV or Amazon Fire to browse and stream files from your Mezzmo library to all your devices. Full details at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mez...mo_android.asp
    Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on: Install it into Kodi to stream files from your Mezzmo library directly in Kodi. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...odi_user_guide
    Mezzmo for Roku App: Install it onto your Roku to stream files from your Mezzmo library. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...oku_user_guide
    Wiki: User Guides & Reference Manual at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Mezzmo.DLNA.Server
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/conceiva_mezzmo
    Web: http://www.mezzmo.com

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visiter555 View Post
    I am having problems streaming MKV files. Have had the WDs for three plus years, all at current f/w.

    I have tried recently to play several MKV files and all I get is the format not supported error. If I setup Mezzmo to transcode, it says that the player supports these formats already. I have manually converted the MKVs to AVIs and they work perfectly with the WDs.

    Any way to get Mezzmo to transcode these MKVs to AVIs (or something the older WD TV Live & Live Plus devices can handle) on the fly or pre-transcode?

    I couldn't see any way to specify the output format required, so am I correct in assuming it is based on the Device profile?

    My server is a iCore 7 with 24 GB ram and one 2 TB drive for the OS and a 3TB drive for the media.

    Thoughts? Suggestions?
    Could this be a problem with the files themselves? The WDTV Live series simply loves .mkv files. Transcoding should not be necessary at all. The fact that transcoding is so troublesome supports this in my mind. You may want to try remuxing one of the files using something like MKVMmerge or remuxing to an .m2ts file with Tsmuxer. Either operation should only take about 3 minutes. If you put one of the files on a flash drive and pop it directly into the USB port of the WDTV, will it play from there?
    Last edited by smitbret; 08-02-2013 at 11:49 AM.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smitbret View Post
    Could this be a problem with the files themselves? The WDTV Live series simply loves .mkv files. Transcoding should not be necessary at all. The fact that transcoding is so troublesome supports this in my mind. You may want to try remuxing one of the files using something like MKVMmerge or remuxing to an .m2ts file with Tsmuxer. Either operation should only take about 3 minutes. If you put one of the files on a flash drive and pop it directly into the USB port of the WDTV, will it play from there?
    It will not play via USB drive. It will play (individual file) on Windows 7 & 8 and Android with zero issues.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    11,616

    Default

    The fact that it does not play via USB does tell us that your WD TV Live does not like this MKV file. You will need to transcode or remux it in order to get it working. You can do this using tools as smitbret suggests or you can pre-transcode the files using Mezzmo's Pre-transcode Files feature (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread...nscoding-Files).

    Mezzmo Android: Install it on your tablet, smartphone, Android TV or Amazon Fire to browse and stream files from your Mezzmo library to all your devices. Full details at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mez...mo_android.asp
    Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on: Install it into Kodi to stream files from your Mezzmo library directly in Kodi. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...odi_user_guide
    Mezzmo for Roku App: Install it onto your Roku to stream files from your Mezzmo library. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...oku_user_guide
    Wiki: User Guides & Reference Manual at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Mezzmo.DLNA.Server
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/conceiva_mezzmo
    Web: http://www.mezzmo.com

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    The fact that it does not play via USB does tell us that your WD TV Live does not like this MKV file. You will need to transcode or remux it in order to get it working. You can do this using tools as smitbret suggests or you can pre-transcode the files using Mezzmo's Pre-transcode Files feature (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread...nscoding-Files).
    To amend that, it's probably not just a matter of the WDTV Live not liking it, there is something out of spec with the file(s). Remux and see if that fixes it.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Hi Wilson,

    If you try to pre-transcode the file, does it transcode fully or does it fail? Right-click on the video in Mezzmo and click 'Pre-transcode Files' (see this FAQ to pre-transcode files - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread...nscoding-Files). Then go to the Transcoding pane and check if the file has been transcoded successfully. If it is listed as Failed, then click on the Failed status hyperlink and post the FFmpeg output here so we can see why it is failing.
    Paul,

    As I pointed out earlier it doesn't Transcode and it doesn't fail, it just hits the 2% mark and stays there. I now have a dozen MKVs that this happens to when Transcoding. I did e-mail you the requested log files a week plus ago. See msgs 7 & 9 in this thread.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    11,616

    Default

    It appears Mezzmo cannot transcode the file(s) for some reason. Please try to pre-transcode one of the files and then go to the Transcoding pane. You should see your file listed there. Right-click on it and click 'View FFmpeg Output'. Copy this text and email it to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. This will tell us why ffmpeg.exe cannot transcode the file.

    Mezzmo Android: Install it on your tablet, smartphone, Android TV or Amazon Fire to browse and stream files from your Mezzmo library to all your devices. Full details at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mez...mo_android.asp
    Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on: Install it into Kodi to stream files from your Mezzmo library directly in Kodi. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...odi_user_guide
    Mezzmo for Roku App: Install it onto your Roku to stream files from your Mezzmo library. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...oku_user_guide
    Wiki: User Guides & Reference Manual at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Mezzmo.DLNA.Server
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/conceiva_mezzmo
    Web: http://www.mezzmo.com

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visiter555 View Post
    Paul,

    As I pointed out earlier it doesn't Transcode and it doesn't fail, it just hits the 2% mark and stays there. I now have a dozen MKVs that this happens to when Transcoding. I did e-mail you the requested log files a week plus ago. See msgs 7 & 9 in this thread.
    I would think that stalling for hours at 2% qualifies as failing. If you can't play them back from a USB drive, the problem is the .mkv files.

Similar Threads

  1. WD TV Live transcoding issue
    By ysbinns in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-04-2013, 04:23 AM
  2. WDTV Live ( More Options )
    By Dion in forum Mezzmo Wish List and Feedback
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 10:58 AM
  3. Playlists and WD TV Live
    By tmacca in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 09:03 AM
  4. WD My Book Live
    By asmith5714 in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-28-2011, 09:05 AM
  5. WD TV Live not working with 2.1.9
    By techpatriot in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 12:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •