Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaptering on Samsung C series TV

no problem, i will look at these tonight and send through one that PCSM creates, and also the generic one i use with black thumbnails and 15 minute increments.

cheers

Gus

Quote Originally Posted by gusnor View Post
    no problem, i will look at these tonight and send through one that PCSM creates, and also the generic one i use with black thumbnails and 15 minute increments.

cheers

Gus
    Thanks!

It turns out that our TV here doesn't request those files either (at least from PCSM 4.2, even if I have one in the same folder). I'll get back to you via e-mail.

Mezzmo Android: Install it on your tablet, smartphone, Android TV or Amazon Fire to browse and stream files from your Mezzmo library to all your devices. Full details at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mez...mo_android.asp
    Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on: Install it into Kodi to stream files from your Mezzmo library directly in Kodi. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...odi_user_guide
    Mezzmo for Roku App: Install it onto your Roku to stream files from your Mezzmo library. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...oku_user_guide
    Wiki: User Guides & Reference Manual at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Mezzmo.DLNA.Server
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/conceiva_mezzmo
    Web: http://www.mezzmo.com

I can also send through the process i used to encode/decode JPG <-> base64. so you can make your own thumbnail images to be shown at the bottom of your TV when you press centre button on remote.
    Can you please explain me the process, since I work with developers and asked one of them to develop a tool to create the MTA files. So I'll need to give him the maximum input I can

PS... PC Share Manager v4.2 doesn't seem to create MTA files any more (a bug perhaps) so back rev to v4.1 if you want to run tests.
    Gus
    Hmmm.. i am using PCSM 2.33... Don't know where to get the other versions since Samsung site is not that good.

And the resume feature would be great since i usually don't recall where did I stopped watching

Quote Originally Posted by catharsys View Post
    Can you please explain me the process, since I work with developers and asked one of them to develop a tool to create the MTA files. So I'll need to give him the maximum input I can
    Sure will do but bear in mind the following:

1. The process i use to convert to/from base64 is from a web site form (i will have to look through my favourites) so i cant give you the math behind it and hence a developer who is looking for the process may not find this much use?

2. The base64 encoding is only to get the thumbnail for the chapter point on the TV. I dont really care for a thumbnail so just use a black image with exactly 15min increments. Everything else in the MTA is the same apart fro the time increments (1/5 based on total film length).

3. The content of the .MTA file doesn't have to be unique, the only reference to the film is it's filename. So once you have 1 MTA file it can be copied and renamed for each and every film you have. The content of the MTA doesn't reference the film filename anywhere. 1 MTA file can be used for all your video files.

Quote Originally Posted by catharsys View Post
    Hmmm.. i am using PCSM 2.33... Don't know where to get the other versions since Samsung site is not that good.

And the resume feature would be great since i usually don't recall where did I stopped watching
    I use the Samsung website, click support, enter the model number from your TV and click Software. If you have a C series Samsung, you should be on v4.1 or v4.2 i would have thought,

Hi,
    I have two Samsung tv's so the chaptering function would be great for me too!
    I like it when using USB keys to watch video, and i'm a fan of nice functions (read 'tech showoff')

I agree the Samsung website is a little confusing.
    What version of Samsung PC Share Manager and IF it is displayed at all, depends on what model of TV AND website language you selected.
    So I would recommend you to select the UK website and one of the latest LCD models to get version 4.2 of SPSM.
    Personally I think version 4.2 is crap It takes me about 20 minutes to update the database, I think they are force reloading and updating the thumbnails on all data every time which is not to fun with a big media database.. this is compensated by removing any chance you had to add USB media to your directory...
    So well, if ANYONE talks about being scared of threading on Samsungs 'domains' in regards of features and functions.. well.. if they had a useful product to start with, then that might be of consideration, but they do not seem to want to create a better product.
    I said it before.. Mezzmo IS better

Quote Originally Posted by GliMM View Post
    Personally I think version 4.2 is crap It takes me about 20 minutes to update the database, I think they are force reloading and updating the thumbnails on all data every time which is not to fun with a big media database.. this is compensated by removing any chance you had to add USB media to your directory...
    I agree, my 4.2 version took over 20mins to update even though nothing had changed. Hence why i started looking at Mezzmo.

Also i have all my media on USB drive and can add to PCSM no problem. It didnt work to begin with however i linked a local folder to the USB drive so that fools PCSM. Happy to pass on the info if you're unsure.

cheers

Gus

Yes, earlier versions of SPSM did not like USB drives either, this was introduced in version 2 since Samsung think that consistent data cannot be guaranteed from a USB drive, even though it was possible to work around, (Right click on folder and select folder options, select to share folder) you will get a cryptic error message but the folder will be shared either way, any other way will only give you the error message.
    In version 4.2 you are stuck with the error message only...

Quote Originally Posted by GliMM View Post
    In version 4.2 you are stuck with the error message only...
    I use an NTFS folder link (Symbolic link / juntion point) and PCSM doesn't give any error. As i say my whole library is stored on USB with no errors or messages. I use XP.

ok, in Win 7 you will have to use the symbolic link

MKLINK [[/D] | [/H] | [/J]] Link Target

/D Creates a directory symbolic link. Default is a file
    symbolic link.
    /H Creates a hard link instead of a symbolic link.
    /J Creates a Directory Junction.
    Link specifies the new symbolic link name.
    Target specifies the path (relative or absolute) that the new link
    refers to.

Example:
    C:\Windows\system32>mklink /J C:\mylink\ F:\

I will try that just for fun later on.
    Thanks for the tip!
    I guess we are getting a little off topic but what else are forum discussions for?!