Thought I would write a small update on our use of Mezzmo since it's been put into actual service driving our two WD TV Live SMPs and multiple Android devices.

It's been working perfectly.

WD TV Live Gen 3 devices (and perhaps others) have a well known problem when streaming from SMB shares. The WD devices have a very annoying habit of taking (frequently) the role of Master Browser and completely messing up the network. With the media server, this ceases to be an issue. In fact, we gave each of our WD devices its own workgroup name
and now they can be Master Browser of their own individual workgroup.

I've seen no issues of any video type failing to play, or any subtitle issues, including the BD PGS subtitles. Although WD devices won't display PGS, Android and the MX Player handle them fine.

Two things I would like to see added someday (these were mentioned previously)

1. Sending a sorted playlist/folder to the renderer.

2. Retrieving and attaching metadata to the movie/show directories. I place each movie/show in its own directory and it would be nice to see the metadata/art when the root folder is opened.

And that's it. I tend to try and keep things simple so I'm sure a Mezzmo power-user could probably find more. But for me, those two items don't even rise to the level of real issues.

Now, if Conceiva would add a free development or test-server only license to each license level, that would be nice too. Trying out different ideas on the primary media server is just asking for trouble.

Jim