I can't find this in the search...

How often does Mezzmo reshuffle a playlist when using the "random shuffle" ordering? Does it happen automatically or does it require a user to refresh it?

Also a secondary stupid question, but what's the difference between active playlists and smart playlists? Specifically, does either (or both) automatically repopulate the playlist as I add files that would fall into the playlist criteria, or must I refresh/repopulate the playlist myself?

For example, I want to have playlists for my photos, one playlist for each year (random sorted), and then one for "all photos" (random sorted); I would like the playlists to be auto-populated when I add photos later that would fall into the playlist criteria, and re-shuffle at least daily or so. Can Mezzmo do this, and if so how do I set it up?

I have been searching for years to find a way to use my old windows home server DLNA feed to my ps3 for photos and have it shuffled, and pretty much haven't found options, so I'm very excited if this auto-refreshes the shuffle order--this will be the answer I need!