I noticed something a little odd with cover art retrieval while Mezzmo processing several movie folders.

For items that were retrieved the first time around using the automatic process, the retrieved covers from TMDB were not English covers. For example, the movie
Colossus The Forbin Project; metadata text was retrieved in English, the cover retrieved was German (DE). For the movie Akira, the metadata text was retrieved in English, the cover retrieved was Japanese (JP). Both of these movies have the correct cover art when checking the TMDB site.

When correcting these using Get Online Video Metadata, the correct language covers were retrieved.

Also, many of the movies in our folders have the year attached to the end of the filename: Akira 1988.mkv

When files that have the year attached are processed by Mezzmo, no metadata is returned and by using Get Online Video Metadata, I think I see why.

In the properties title, Akira 1988 is in the field. When clicking Get Online Video Meta is clicked, its title is showing Akira 1988 1988. I have a feeling that same incorrect title string is being generated the first time through by the automatic process and because of that, no metatadata is found.

If I remove one of the year strings, it does find the correct metadata.

Odd.

Jim