I have a lot of large avi files that I pre-transcode so they are instantly available for viewing on my Panasonic LED TV. Just recently two issues have come to focus my attention that Mezzo is broken somewhere since recent updates have been loaded on my Window XP Professional Desktop system.

1.) Mezzmo will now allow me to pre-transcode avi files as well as mp4 (the ones I use) even though they were previously pre-transcoded. On earlier versions, Mezzmo notified me of files that were already pre-transcoded. Avi files pre-transcode at a very slow rate approximately 6 fps on a good day. This means it can take more than 1 hour to pre-transcode a 1 hour long avi file. Mp4 files pre-transcode around 10 times faster. (Would love to learn of a way to speed up the pre-transcoding of avi files)

2) With Mezzmo running, I have had my computer totally lock up whilst surfing the internet on two occasions. No BSOD or anything like that - just everything freezes on the desktop - no mouse - HDD activity light ceases to flash. Only way to get out of the mess is to hit the computer reset button or press and hold down the Power on/off button to turn off the PC. I have never had this happening before. Both times it happened with the latest version of Mezzmo active. As I use a RAID-1 configuration for my HDDs, my concern is corruption on the HDDs should they get out of sync during the freeze-up. So far there have been no dramas there. The system boots up cleanly with the RAID drives intact.

I would appreciate any feedback on these issues.

Mikem