Thread: MKV Tags and Segment Title

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default MKV Tags and Segment Title

I get all of my videos using MakeMKV and they are all in MKV format. I've asked on the MakeMKV forum and for TV Show naming, pretty much EVERYONE adds the TV Show, Season, Episode Number and Episode Name in the Name field which gets written into the Segment Title. I also do this, but I also add tags, Level 50 tags are for the Episode Name, level 60 is for the Season and Level 70 is for the TV Show Name. At first Mezzmo seemed to get the name from the Level 50 Tag (this was before I figured out how to add levels 60 and 70), which was nice, because my videos were all sorted into folders and by file name and all that got displayed on my WDTV was the Episode Name. That seems to have changed at some point and now Mezzmo seems to be taking the name from the Segment Title, which means I'm getting really long, really ugly and hard to read names being spat out at me. Is there any way to change this so that it finds the level 50 tag first, and only if such doesn't exist then the segment title. Or else can it treat the Segment Title as if it was a File Name and disassemble it rather than use it as an episode name?

(Yes, I know I can set Mezzmo to display the episode title only, but I'd like all my metadata in the Files at some point and I'd like to rename the files as well. I don't see how what's happening now would be compatible with that.)
    Last edited by ndjamena; 05-02-2014 at 11:40 PM.