I dont really know since which when, but I think it happened with 4.0.4.0 for the first time, but it still happens with 4.0.5.0.

If I fire up Mezzmo (I usually have it closed, its quite a memory hog and I only need it once a week to maintain the library manually because daily runs are an overkill), the banner is shown first with "...initializing" and scrolling through it finally stops with "Complete".

But then, nothing happens anymore. the banner stays, the main window does not open!

I have to open task manager and kill the MezzmoMediaService, then the main window pops up and everything is fine again.
I can start the mediaservice instantly again, the gui will still work flawlessly.
Its only that specific point at launchtime that blocks it.

I assume at that time the gui is talking to the mediaservice and for some strange reason, it waits forever and a day.

This happens all the time, its totally reproducable (and annoying!)

And, there is a 2nd thing that nags me since 4.0....:
If you update, the "language..." setting of the gui is automatically reset to your windows-language.
That would be a nice and smart move, but, sadly, the localization for german is a kind of... (hmm, how to say it politely?) ... misleading

I guess the guy has tried his best, but he failed so miserably that I prefer to run the program in english so I can guess much better what might be hidden behind a button or a setting. But after every update, its german again and remembers me how bad a literal translation with the help of an outdated dic can be...

(Yeah, I know how to change and improve the translation, but I gave up. Of course I would be always one version behind and as soon, as you incorporate my changes the newly added strings are as bad as the old ones before and so there is never a halfway "correct" version possible)