I find it astonishing that it's this difficult. I have DVDs. I have a whole host of programs, including DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero 2014 Platinum, AutoGK, HandBrake, etc etc etc., and yet I have been unable to successfully stream from my server to my Roku.

Oh, I can get the titles to show up with my trial version of Mezzmo, but when I try to play them, they spin for a very long time (despite being pre-transcoded) before playing beautifully ... if completely silently. Nope, not a peep.

So first, there must be a standard procedure or best practice for this. What do I do to get the best, quickest, and easiest streaming of DVDs, preferably with subtitles? Currently, I'm using DVD Shrink to rip the main movie of the DVD, and Nero to generate an H.264 MP4 file, which I plop into my Videos directory.

Second, looking at the profile file for the Roku, it doesn't include AC-3. That can't be right, can it? I know you can stream AC-3 with a Roku; I do it all the time. Why is it restricted with Mezzmo.

I'm not a stupid person (or at least, I'd like to think that's the case), but I've had horrible luck so far. I've tried Plex, Nero, Windows Media Player, and a few others I can't recall. Blessing and fame and riches to the one who helps me get this running!

Jeff