Thread: Mezzmo App + Chromecast

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Mezzmo App + Chromecast [SOLVED]

Hello!

I've recently downloaded the Mezzmo App Trial and I've been trying to use it to stream to Chromecast without any luck. I have the latest version as of today (I can't find the version anywhere or I'd post it). I'm running Mezzmo 4.0.6 without trouble on my PC and I can pull video from it without any problem to my Samsung Blu-ray player.

My first problem was that it didn't show the chromecast in the device list. I followed the instructions in another thread -- namely to refresh, and if it still doesn't show up, restart the app. That seems to have worked; I can see my chromecast in my device list at any rate. So I checked the box next to the chromecast to indicate I want to stream to it. If that should do something on the TV I don't see anything; I'm still seeing the chromecast pictures and status screen there.

When I browse to a video to play, nothing happens when I tap on it. I switched to the grid mode and tapped through to the video page (where it shows the name, starts, year, duraction, etc.). At the top of the page are a play button, what I assume is a queue-up-next button, and the chromecast icon. Tapping the chromecast icon makes it turn green, but nothing happens on the chromecast. Hitting play makes the chromecast icon go back to white, but nothing else seems to happen. If I tap the Play button without tapping the chromecast icon first, nothing happens. I'm a bit flummoxed about what I should be doing next.

I very much like the idea of the app and I'd love to replace the blu-ray player with my tablet (Nexus 7 2013) & chromecast, but so far I've having zero luck with the combination. Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Last edited by ajpatterson; 08-22-2014 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Updated with [SOLVED] tag