Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: XMBC client doesn't show some movie data

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Vienna/Austria
    Posts
    35

    Question XBMC client doesn't show some movie data

    When using XBMC on my PC to look movies from mezzmo I'm missing Director, Writer and Rating. (Genre, Year, Duration and Plot are visible)
    In Mezzmo the missing information is available.
    See the attached files. What's wrong there?

    Mezzmo_moviedata.jpgXMBC_missing_data.jpg

    Best regards, Rudi
    Last edited by RHR; 09-25-2014 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Typo (written XMBC instead of XBMC)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RHR View Post
    When using XMBC on my PC to look movies from mezzmo I'm missing Director, Writer and Rating. (Genre, Year, Duration and Plot are visible)
    In Mezzmo the missing information is available.
    See the attached files. What's wrong there?

    Mezzmo_moviedata.jpgXMBC_missing_data.jpg

    Best regards, Rudi
    That's on XBMC's side and normal for UPnP/DLNA sharing. The metadata is being sent, but it is up to the streamer (XBMC in this case) to actually read and use it. It's actually one reason why I went with XBMC instead of WDTV Live becaus the WDTV series of streamers only reads the Title and Cover Art; everything else is N/A. I've found that using the Aeon Nox 5 skin and using <InfoWall> to display the movies as I browse is much less annoying because it only displays the info that will be displayed.

    Aeon Nox 5 also let's me favorite Mezzmo and then create a shortcut to that favorite on XBMC's "Blade" so it is a one button process to get into Mezzmo. A few other skins do it as well, but you'd have to experiment as I don't remember which ones.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    11,647

    Default

    Hi Rudi,

    smitbret is correct - this is a limitation of the DLNA device or software app that you are streaming to. If you have an Android tablet or smartphone, then you can install our Mezzmo Android app onto it. This lets you browse your Mezzmo library and then push/play files to your DLNA devices and software apps on your home network. You have full playback control - Play, Pause, Stop, Seek, Volume, Next File, Previous File, etc. The cool thing is that our Mezzmo Android app display full metadata for your files from your Mezzmo library. For more details, see http://www.conceiva.com/products/mez...mo_android.asp.

    Mezzmo Android: Install it on your tablet, smartphone, Android TV or Amazon Fire to browse and stream files from your Mezzmo library to all your devices. Full details at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mez...mo_android.asp
    Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on: Install it into Kodi to stream files from your Mezzmo library directly in Kodi. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...odi_user_guide
    Mezzmo for Roku App: Install it onto your Roku to stream files from your Mezzmo library. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...oku_user_guide
    Wiki: User Guides & Reference Manual at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Mezzmo.DLNA.Server
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/conceiva_mezzmo
    Web: http://www.mezzmo.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Vienna/Austria
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Hi Paul, hi smitbret,

    thanks for Your answers. It's a strange behavior of XBMCthat it shows the fields for Director and Writer but leaves them empty afterwards.
    Is it possible that XBMC expects another field names than Mezzmo delivers?

    I tested XBMC because I'm searching an alternative for my WD TV LIVEs (HTPC or Anroid Box with XBMC)
    The Mezzoi Android App works well, but there are some limitations on WD TV LIVE when starting movies from App (change of audio channel or subtitles not possible).
    Can't check App with XBMC because my testing period of App is over.

    An Idea:
    When using an Android Box with XBMC, is it possible to have Mezzmo App installed on the same Android Box and starting Movie from App playing with XBMC?
    I'm using an universal remote control for all my devices and would prefer a solution with no additional device on my table.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    11,647

    Default

    We'll be adding audio channel and subtitle selection into a future version of our Mezzmo Android app.

    Mezzmo Android: Install it on your tablet, smartphone, Android TV or Amazon Fire to browse and stream files from your Mezzmo library to all your devices. Full details at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mez...mo_android.asp
    Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on: Install it into Kodi to stream files from your Mezzmo library directly in Kodi. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...odi_user_guide
    Mezzmo for Roku App: Install it onto your Roku to stream files from your Mezzmo library. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...oku_user_guide
    Wiki: User Guides & Reference Manual at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Mezzmo.DLNA.Server
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/conceiva_mezzmo
    Web: http://www.mezzmo.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RHR View Post
    Hi Paul, hi smitbret,

    thanks for Your answers. It's a strange behavior of XBMCthat it shows the fields for Director and Writer but leaves them empty afterwards.
    Is it possible that XBMC expects another field names than Mezzmo delivers?

    I tested XBMC because I'm searching an alternative for my WD TV LIVEs (HTPC or Anroid Box with XBMC)
    The Mezzoi Android App works well, but there are some limitations on WD TV LIVE when starting movies from App (change of audio channel or subtitles not possible).
    Can't check App with XBMC because my testing period of App is over.

    An Idea:
    When using an Android Box with XBMC, is it possible to have Mezzmo App installed on the same Android Box and starting Movie from App playing with XBMC?
    I'm using an universal remote control for all my devices and would prefer a solution with no additional device on my table.
    I'm not sure what you mean about the underlined portion. When playing back from Mezzmo, I have never seen XBMC recognize that info. It will populate in Mezzmo (on the database) but XBMC won't read it when you playback from a UPnP source. If you are just streaming through network shares and bypassing Mezzmo, then XBMC will take the scraped information stored in the .nfo file, but this is completely different. The only similarity is that you can use the same .nfo file to populate the File Properties for the Mezzmo Database. That is what I do

    Unlike with the WDTV boxes, you can "Play to" the XBMC boxes and then control the playback with the remote controls, including changing the audio track and subtitles. You will need to remap your remote for the audio track, but it is not difficult.

    If you add, general slowness, then you would have my list of 3 reasons why I switched from a WDTV Live to a Chromebox and a couple of RaspPi running OpenELEC/XBMC:
    1 - Failure to read metadata other than Title and Cover Art
    2 - When you "Play To" then you have to control the WDTV Live with the DMC device and the remote control is useless
    3 - Library browsing is slow once you have reached a few hundred titles.

    Other pluses that I discovered after the fact:
    4 - YouTube App and Weather features are so much superior that it's not funny
    5 - General UI use is much quicker and more intuitive
    6 - Pandora
    7 - Customizable Blade

    If you are considering a move to XBMC, I would recommend running, not walking. You could do what I did and just get a RaspPi for $35 and just install OpenELEC on an SD card that you have lying around and try it out. It is a little slow at stock but don't let that stop you, there are quite a few things that you can do to speed it up. Even my cheap RaspPi at stock was a better experience for UPnP than the WDTV Live(s).

    If you feel confident that XBMC is for you, just jump in and get a Chromebox and a FLIRC.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Vienna/Austria
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Hi smitbret,

    many thanks for your detaild explanations.

    What I meant: It is strange that XBMC shows the text "Director" but doesn't show the director itself. So for me it is conceivable that XBMC waits for another info than Mezzmo delivers (e.g. XBMC expects "director" but Mezzmo delivers "regisseur", depending on language settings). Therefore I asked to be sure this is not the reason for not showing all infos.

    Anyway, I will do the step to XBMC, this is fact. But at the moment I don't know what hardware to use.
    I need a digital audio out, so the Raspberry and the Chromebox are out of the question. It should be not to expensive, because I need more than one piece.

    So I'm considering the Android boxes "Amazon Fire TV" (which is not to buy in Austria) or the "Orbsmart S82".

    If you have experience with this ones or have another proposal, please tell me.

    Regards
    RHR
    Last edited by RHR; 09-27-2014 at 03:20 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RHR View Post
    Hi smitbret,

    many thanks for your detaild explanations.

    What I meant: It is strange that XBMC shows the text "Director" but doesn't show the director itself. So for me it is conceivable that XBMC waits for another info than Mezzmo delivers (e.g. XBMC expects "director" but Mezzmo delivers "regisseur", depending on language settings). Therefore I asked to be sure this is not the reason for not showing all infos.

    Anyway, I will do the step to XBMC, this is fact. But at the moment I don't know what hardware to use.
    I need a digital audio out, so the Raspberry and the Chromebox are out of the question. It should be not to expensive, because I need more than one piece.

    So I'm considering the Android boxes "Amazon Fire TV" (which is not to buy in Austria) or the "Orbsmart S82".

    If you have experience with this ones or have another proposal, please tell me.

    Regards
    RHR
    Those just show up because those are the default fields that XBMC populates. It bothered me too, so I was pretty pleased when Aeon Nox only provided the fields that would (Title, Duration, Genre, Year, Plot, Cover Art).

    When you say digital audio out, I am assuming you mean optical, right?

    I don't have any experience with either, but I have followed development enough to know that the FireTV is pretty mature. At one point I considered it instead of the Chromebox. I glazed over something that may be relevant the other day though, where the newest firmware won't allow you to root the FireTV anymore so people are clamouring for the older version. You may wanna pay a visit to the XBMC Forums for any more info.

    Most of the other Android boxes seem to have their struggles and/or limitations.
    Last edited by smitbret; 09-27-2014 at 04:06 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Vienna/Austria
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smitbret View Post
    Those just show up because those are the default fields that XBMC populates. It bothered me too, so I was pretty pleased when Aeon Nox only provided the fields that would (Title, Duration, Genre, Year, Plot, Cover Art).
    I've tried the Aeon Nox skin, for me it is not as ituitiv as the standard skin. But I can try other skins.

    Quote Originally Posted by smitbret View Post
    When you say digital audio out, I am assuming you mean optical, right?
    Yes, I meant optical, but Coax would be aceptable too.

    Quote Originally Posted by smitbret View Post
    I don't have any experience with either, but I have followed development enough to know that the FireTV is pretty mature. At one point I considered it instead of the Chromebox. I glazed over something that may be relevant the other day though, where the newest firmware won't allow you to root the FireTV anymore so people are clamouring for the older version. You may wanna pay a visit to the XBMC Forums for any more info.
    I don't understand the underlined section, for me this is a disadvantage of the Fire TV.

    Quote Originally Posted by smitbret View Post
    Most of the other Android boxes seem to have their struggles and/or limitations.
    I agree, there are not much Android Boxes fullfilling my requirements.
    So my two choices are:

    Fire TV:
    + cheap
    + big community
    - no delivery to my country (Austria)
    - remote control uses Bluetooth instead of infrared (Problem for my universal remote control)

    Orbsmart S82:
    + very powerful hardware
    + preinstalled XBMC
    - more expensive
    - ???

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RHR View Post
    I've tried the Aeon Nox skin, for me it is not as ituitiv as the standard skin. But I can try other skins.


    Yes, I meant optical, but Coax would be aceptable too.



    I don't understand the underlined section, for me this is a disadvantage of the Fire TV.


    I agree, there are not much Android Boxes fullfilling my requirements.
    So my two choices are:

    Fire TV:
    + cheap
    + big community
    - no delivery to my country (Austria)
    - remote control uses Bluetooth instead of infrared (Problem for my universal remote control)

    Orbsmart S82:
    + very powerful hardware
    + preinstalled XBMC
    - more expensive
    - ???
    The FireTV firmware is being locked down so people aren't able to root it and then just boot straight into XBMC.

    The remote control issue isn't too big a problem. You can add an IR receiver or a FLIRC and it will work with your universal remote. I agree, the bluetooth thing is annoying.

    I have heard of the ORB but I don't know much about it.

    Another option you may want to look at:

    http://www.solid-run.com/products/cu...mini-computer/

    I don't know if you've checked out the XBMC forums but the hardware subsections are full of info and the community is very active and responsive. Undoubtedly, you will be able to speak with someone that has tried the Orbsmart and it has a ton of people that are using the FireTV.

    www.xbmc.org
    Last edited by smitbret; 09-27-2014 at 10:43 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. To all Mezzmo users: Which devices show movie description?
    By RHR in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-18-2014, 10:59 AM
  2. 1080p Movie not sending surround sound to TV, Movie shuts off after 10 mins
    By NetMasterFlex in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 10:26 AM
  3. 1080p Movie not sending surround sound to TV, Movie shuts off after 10 mins
    By NetMasterFlex in forum DownloadStudio Questions and Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-23-2011, 04:46 PM
  4. appletv xmbc dlna
    By mcavazos in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2011, 09:59 AM
  5. Uploading from a DLNA client
    By rkneeshaw in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 02:02 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •