Thread: No files listed on Sony Bravia or PS3

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default No files listed on Sony Bravia or PS3

I'm not quite certain what happened, but Mezzmo seems to have stopped streaming to both my 2011 Sony Bravia (KDL 46EX720) and my PS3.

It was working fine then it just stopped. The message is that there is "No Files", which is not the case, as the files are listed on the main screen.

It just "stopped" working. I'm not a whiz at this stuff so could you keep it simple.

Also, I was wondering if there was a limit to the amount of files that Mezzmo can handle. I ask because the software crashes when I try to "Maintain Library". I have quite a large collection over more than one drive, but up until now there wasn't a real problem. Is there some kind of adjustment I can make to get the library to update.

I'm also under the impression that certain formats might work better than others. Is it my imagination or do formats like mp4's work better.

I've also noticed that avi files don't always work, which I am guessing is a transcoding issue, which may also be causing the crash. The PS3 handles the avi files but the Bravia does not.

I also have trouble with subtitles. Most of the time, I keep them in the same folder as the media file, but it looks like they may have to be in a separate location, and altogether. Am I right?
    Last edited by rward1953; 09-29-2014 at 04:43 PM.