Thread: Link XBMC to Mezzmo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Link XBMC to Mezzmo

I am able to connect XBMC to particular folders within my Mezzmo library. My problem is the the connection goes stale in the event my Mezzmo host is rebooted. I then have to link XBMC back to the folder. On XBMC, I see the UPNP path keeps changing... Question, Is there any way to generate a static UPNP path for mezzmo so I do not have to keep mapping the folder?

Should be fine if you assign a static IP to your computer. I have done this and it has worked fine.

Hope that helps.

Edit: I should elaborate, I have assigned a static IP to both the computer running XBMC and the computer that is hosting Mezzmo.
    Last edited by Hashybot; 10-28-2014 at 05:55 AM.

I have it setup as dynamic IP on my router but I have reserved/locked all of my devices including my workstation hosting Mezzmo on the router. It is my understanding that those devices will always land under those IP addresses. Am I wrong in thinking that or should I simply switch the whole router over to static IP?

BTW... Thanks in advance.

Jason

You are correct. Just the devices on your network are fine.

Still struggling with this one... From where I am sitting, it looks like when I start Mezzmo, it is given a unique ID/UID. I also have Serviio installed on the same workstation as Mezzmo to compare and here is what I see. When I look for UPNP devices on XBMC, I see "Serviio" and I also see "Mezzmo:1" (Which tells me it is like an instance of mezzmo rather than just mezzmo). If I map both of them... then restart the workstation, Serviio stays mapped under the address I connected too, however Mezzmo looses the connection and must be reconnected. The IP adresses do not change on the server side or the client (XBMC).

It could possibly be a conflict with Serviio and Mezzmo being installed on the same server Jason. I run Mezzmo from my upstairs PC (hardwired) with a static IP, I also run XBMC downstairs with a static IP (which recieves Mezzmo) and this works fine. Have you tried turning off Serviio and seeing what happens? If not it might be worth waiting to see what Paul suggests on this one.