Quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
Mezzmo struggles to play MKVs that Plex serves up with no issues. ISOs would be the next step after resolving that issue. To be honest Mezzmo struggles to serve anything with it's seeming instability. Plex worked for months on this PC but I moved it onto a (lower spec) Debian machine specifically so I could install Mezzmo on here. Plex is still great on the lower spec machine. The LAN is all wired. This is why I am pointing the finger at Mezzmo and becoming grumpy with it. I've found that Mezzmo is hugely slower when reading an ISO and have provided this information on this thread. Hopefully something will get sorted.
I can't speak to MKVs. Others here use that format and don't have issues. I own around 2,000 Blu-Rays and 1,000 DVDs and they are all ripped to the M2TS container format. I have found it the most widely supported on devices so I eliminate transcoding. It works beautiful for me on every device I have. I've done a lot of testing with ISOs and had a lot of success. I have just found that standardizing on a single format and controller the format of the rips (i.e. audio, aspect ratio, subtitles and such) eliminates a lot off potential issues.