The DownloadStudio chrome extension is not listed in the Chrome Web store so you will need to install it manually. Follow these step-by-step instructions to manually add DownloadStudio extension into your Chrome web browser.
Step 1: Whitelisting the DownloadStudio extension in Chrome web browser
When adding the DownloadStudio extension into Chrome, Chrome will disable the extension unless it is whitelisted. To whitelist the extension, follow these steps:
- Download Chrome group policy templates here from: http://dl.google.com/dl/edgedl/chrom..._templates.zip
- Copy [zip]\windows\admx\chrome.admx to C:\Windows\Policydefinitions
- Copy [zip]\windows\admx[yourlanguage]\chrome.adml to C:\Windows\Policydefinitions[yourlanguage]\chrome.adml (note: not C:\Windows[yourlanguage])
- Click Start -> Run, and type 'gpedit.msc'
- Expand User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Google -> Google Chrome -> Extensions
- Double-click to open "Configure extension installation whitelist"
- Select "Enabled", then click "Show..."
- In the list, enter 'cgkplflikgolndhankdkfghmmmebkjcp'
- Click OK and restart Chrome.
If you are running Windows Home version you can try downloading http://www.conceiva.com/downloads/ST...udioChrome.zip then extract the contents of the zip file and double-click the file DownloadStudioChrome.reg to make changes to the Windows registry to allow the DownloadStudio chrome extension to be installed into chrome.
Step 2: Adding DownloadStudio extension into Chrome web browser
- Download http://www.conceiva.com/downloads/ST...ChromeJSON.zip. Extract the contents of the zip file into the folder where you installed DownloadStudio on your computer.
- Download http://www.conceiva.com/downloads/ST...eExtension.zip. Extract the contents of the zip file into the folder where you installed DownloadStudio on your computer.
- Run Chrome web browser. Click the Settings menu and open the More Tools -> Extensions page. Drag and drop the 'ChromeExtension.crx' file from Windows Explorer onto Chrome’s Extensions page.
- The DownloadStudio extension should now be successfully installed in your Chrome web browser!