I just purchased and registered Ver. 2.1.11.0 and I'm running it on a new desktop running Windows 7. I also installed a trial version on an old (ca. 1999) desktop running Windows XP, just to check for consistency in the problem. I'm using a D-Link DSM-320 as a player.

When I play most of my video files of just about any type (MPEG-2, MPEG-4 Xvid, etc.), the audio drops out momentarily and the video stutters, as if one or the other is out of synch and trying to catch up. This happens regardless of bitrate, image size, and level of compression. I've reconverted several files using a variety of settings.

This happens on both computers (old and new) and is consistent with the identical video files. However, some other video files seem to play OK. When I compare the files that have problems with the ones that don't, I can see only a difference or two in the encoding. For example, the file information may differ only in the frame-rate (30 fps vs. 29.97). Otherwise, the encoding appears identical.

I also have TwonkyMedia Server installed on both machines. Again, the video files are identical to those I'm trying to play with Mezzmo, but Twonky plays them just fine on both machines (Win7 and WINXP), with no stuttering.

Mezzmo will transcode more file formats than Twonky and I prefer the interface and set-up on Mezzmo, but the problems playing videos is an issue.

Any suggestions? Could it be an ffmpeg problem, or a device configuration problem? I can provide the encoding information on the files, if that would help.

Thank you!