I am playing mpeg (.vob) videos from Mezzmo 4.1.3 to a WD TV HD media player. All files are .vob files that came off my DVD collection.

Some of these files have dual audio tracks (English and/or German). I basically want to play a video and to be able to switch between audio tracks at any stage while it is playing (usually at the beginning).

When playing these to the WD player, some videos only show a single audio track and obviously then only play that one track. Others do show dual tracks, but always only play one, irrespective of the selection on the Player. I can set the default in the Mezzmo UI on the PC and the player will then correctly play that audio track, but I would like to be able to switch audio tracks without any interaction with the PC.

As mentioned, the videos came off my DVDs with DVD Shrink having stripped all unwanted audio tracks, subtitles, specials and the menu, so that I can play the movie right away. I also had DVD Shrink combine each movie into a single, large file and not multiple 1GB junks.

In order to simplify navigation I did not create a "Drive:\Path\Moviename\VTS_01_1.vob" plus the usual VIDEO_TS.IFO and VTS_01_0.IFO files in the same location, but rather renamed VTS_01_1.VOB to "Moviename.vob" and removed the other two files. That way obviously no-one knows which audio track is English and which one is German.

If the video would now start playing with the wrong language track, I want to be able to simply use the controls on the WD TV Player to switch to the other track. I had converted one of the mpegs to an .mkv format with MKVToolNix (and in the process also labeled the audio tracks correctly again). That .mkv file does behave as I want it to and does allow me to change audio track at any stage and on the fly.

So what must I do to be able to do the same with the mpeg files?

Thanks so much for any advise!