Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding Mezzmo as a source for KODI

Default Adding Mezzmo as a source for KODI

Hello,

My server runs mezzmo but I just put XBMC / Kodi on my HTPC. I am not that familiar with either but if someone knows how to do this I would appreciate the info. I can use SMB with KODI which works fine but I'd prefer not to have to have it scan all my media - 40TB every time it boots but at the same time I don't want it to miss out on new shows.

Thanks

You only need to add the Mezzmo server as a upnp source to Kodi. Kodi provides the steps at http://kodi.wiki/view/UPnP/Media_source. Works like a charm for me.

Just to add on to what dafunk60 has said. What I have done on Kodi is create a button on the main menu which takes me straight into my Mezzmo list. You can do this via some of the editable themes such as Confluence Mod by Mudislander. You just need to edit the path in the Home Menu section. Hope that helps.

Now if we could just convince the Kodi developers to offer a no sort option for displaying what Mezzmo sends. Right now Kodi resorts it based upon a limited set of display sort options. Please add your voice to the discussion at http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?...03&pid=1792113

Quote Originally Posted by jbinkley60 View Post
    Now if we could just convince the Kodi developers to offer a no sort option for displaying what Mezzmo sends. Right now Kodi resorts it based upon a limited set of display sort options. Please add your voice to the discussion at http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?...03&pid=1792113
    Tell me about it. I asked the developers to consider that back on v13 and they acknowledged that it shouldn't be difficult to do but still hasn't been implemented.

NVM, I see you linked my post already.

This is where a Mezzmo add-on for Kodi would be helpful

There's an option in Mezzmo where you can add a number to the start of a file name. While unattractive, this will keep the sorting in Kodi correct.

If I remember correctly there is a "Display Titles' button within the properties for each playlist. If you add %FILECOUNTER% before %FILENAME% to the various media types it will add the counter before the file name.

Yep, that method does work as a workaround. Does anyone know how to have Kodi play videos one after another via Mezzmo ? I have episodes of TV shows where I want it to play one after another. With my WD box I hit Ok to play one video and the play button to play the current video and everything after it. I can't get Kodi to play more than one. I tried the play next video option but I think that is just for file shares and not uPNP sources.

Yep, that method does work as a workaround. Does anyone know how to have Kodi play videos one after another via Mezzmo ? I have episodes of TV shows where I want it to play one after another. With my WD box I hit Ok to play one video and the play button to play the current video and everything after it. I can't get Kodi to play more than one. I tried the play next video option but I think that is just for file shares and not uPNP sources.
    In Kodi there is an "Add All To Queue" option. You select the option when viewing the node with the episodes you want to watch. When one video finishes it will move onto the next. I keep hoping that Kodi will improve it's uPNP compatibility.

I found the Play From Here function (if you disable the option which says automatically play next video). Play From Here works fine. Now I am trying to find a way to make a hot key for my remote control instead of 2 button pushes to get there. I can't see where Kodi supports this under key mapping.