Thread: Starting with folders and playlists

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Starting with folders and playlists

I've had Mezzano for a few months but never got my menu structure right. I just want it simple and prioritised to give me my most played stuff with a minimum of clicks. e.g. I've got good folder structures, so I'd like to see them first, but I appear to be limited to alphabetic listing of my options.

Before you read this, is there a nice little 'getting Started' tutorial that tells me the sequence of building my database in the 'right way'? I can't find one.

I expect to have Music, Video and Photos at the top of the library tree, but I've always finished up with a couple of music folders under Photos and Videos.

I don't know how they get there. They appear on my TV, but not on my PC. Sony Bravia W905A.

(1) How do they get there and how do I get rid of them?

(2) I can't organise the playlists so that they show on my TV as I want them. They always appear in alphabetic sequence. I want them in my own sequence. Can I achieve that?

I've now obliterated my library and I'm about to start again.

I see that Mezzano still shows Music, Video, and Photos. They are all empty.

(3) What are these - folders / lists, or something else?

(4) What is the best sequence to do things in now?

There's a tool called Setup Mezzmo Library.

(4A) Do I start here? It was empty before I erased my database, even though I had hundreds of songs, films and photos in the library.

EDIT: I couldn't wait for guidance so I just blazed ahead with creating my new database. I added three movie folders. Then I let it build the database. Then I went back into Tools/Setup Your Media Library. The folder list is empty! How do I know which folders are currently in my library?

(4B) If I start here, what do I do next? Add Folders under Music, Video, and Photos? But I don't want duplication - say a Music folder under Music. How do I achieve this without specifying every folder individually? e.g. The first entry under Music might be 'Abba' - which is a folder on my PC. I don't want to add a few hundred entries down to ZZ Top!

At least Mezzano plays all my media - which is more than most of the competitors do.
    Last edited by SolihullRog; 10-27-2015 at 02:40 AM.