Hello,

I'm hoping this will turn out to be an embarrassingly easy question. I've installed DownloadStudio 10.0.3.0 (I'll call it "DS" here) on my Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit system. It seems to have integrated correctly with my Firefox 42.0 and IE 11.0. Each has the DS toolbar in it. When I direct my web browsers to "https://www.google.com" (or any other site so far), my web browsers happily load the page normally. However, if I then select the "View Links On Current Page" option, the main DS console launches in "Site Explorer" mode with a "This page can't be displayed" error. The same type of problem happens when trying to visit other sites directly in the DS console and when using the "Download Job" feature (even the "Check URL" option). They all result in failed downloads.

Based on what I could find in the FAQ and the forum, I have tried setting "Download Acceleration" to "1 split per file download" in the Options menu and that hasn't changed anything. I have tried turning off Windows Firewall and that didn't fix anything. I tried adding "DownloadStudio", "DownloadStudio Audio & Video Capture", and "DownloadStudio URL Sniffer" to the Windows Firewall "Allowed Programs" list and that hasn't fixed the problem either. I've been unable to confirm or deny if DS is using some unusual port for communication that could somehow be blocked by my router (I don't have the router locked down in any particular way to restrict traffic) or my use of a network switch (my connection goes cable modem -> router -> switch -> computer). On my to-do list is to try connecting directly through the cable modem if possible, but I though I would see professional advice first in case there was a more obvious solution to my problem.

I'm confused about what could be going wrong. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.