Thread: Samsung BD-D8500M - Playback problem after firmware upgrade

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Samsung BD-D8500M - Playback problem after firmware upgrade

Hi, hoping someone can help.

I've been streaming from my Mezzmo server on my PC to this device for years with no problems until I recently upgraded the device to the latest firmware. All of a sudden now I'm getting "Video Codec Not Supported" or "Not Supported File Type" when I try to play some files, notably it seems to be my more recent files, all of which played fine until this firmware update. All files are still visible when browsing through the server, complete with thumbnails etc, it looks like it's about to play, sometimes the image even flashes up for a split second, then the error message appears. I'm at a bit of a loss as it never had trouble playing these files before and it only seems to be certain (mostly recently created) files that have the issue. Weirdly, it looks like FFMPEG thinks that the file is playing, judging by it continuing to transcode the file I've selected, though this may be normal, I'm not an expert on the technical side of things.

As I said I'm not incredibly tech minded so if you need any more information from me please let me know, and how to find it and I'll try to provide.

Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT After a bit more playing around with various settings etc, it seemed to play some files again that were failing (X264 encoded files but not x265 ones) but then after restarting the device, the error is reoccurring once again on these same files. It does seem to play them ok when it's fully transcoded them but not whilst it's doing it on the fly. It's realy making no sense. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by MartynDav33; 03-31-2016 at 07:43 AM.