Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 55 of 55

Thread: Get Online Video Metadata not working

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    458

    Default

    It is specific to certain TV series and not the connection method. Some of the TV series which weren't working are now working again. I am still see 1 or 2 which aren't. I've tried other scrapers with teh same results. As well this is being reported on the Kodi forum.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Rosevears, Tasmania.
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Yes, you're right, JB. Some are working, some are not. Some will not respond unless the year of first release is appended. For example, Father Brown returns nothing (it used to return the 1975 series). Father Brown 2013 returns the correct data. I suppose we'll just have wait to see what happens.
    Cheers,
    Marty Davey.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Looks like everything is working again. I am no longer getting any failures.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Still not working for me. Only tv shows, movies are collecting fine.
    I've installed tool called Fiddler which displays all web requests in the system.
    It showed that mezzmo sends a request to "http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=The+New+Adventures+of+Win nie+the+Pooh&language=all"
    When I open it in the browser, everything works fine and I get a valid response. But not in mezzmo, which says it can't find anything.
    I guess this happens because thetvdb responds with 301 status code to each request. Could somebody verify this please?

    Upd: yep, looks like thetvdb forwards all http requests to https with 301 code, I tried rewriting these request using Charles tool, it can automatically convert http to https, but that didn't help, mezzmo still shows the error
    Last edited by Virtul; 01-18-2020 at 06:35 AM.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtul View Post
    Still not working for me. Only tv shows, movies are collecting fine.
    I've installed tool called Fiddler which displays all web requests in the system.
    It showed that mezzmo sends a request to "http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=The+New+Adventures+of+Win nie+the+Pooh&language=all"
    When I open it in the browser, everything works fine and I get a valid response. But not in mezzmo, which says it can't find anything.
    I guess this happens because thetvdb responds with 301 status code to each request. Could somebody verify this please?

    Upd: yep, looks like thetvdb forwards all http requests to https with 301 code, I tried rewriting these request using Charles tool, it can automatically convert http to https, but that didn't help, mezzmo still shows the error
    Have you installed the beta patch which fixes the TVDB retrieval issues due to their APi change ? If not, write support and ask for the patch.

Similar Threads

  1. How to Get TV-Series and Episode with "Get Online Metadata"
    By RHR in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-12-2014, 09:03 AM
  2. Get online metadata
    By paulsalter in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-04-2014, 06:55 PM
  3. TV Metadata retrieval not working in latest version
    By paulsalter in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-06-2013, 09:38 AM
  4. Small change to get online metadata
    By Shoulder Devil in forum Mezzmo Wish List and Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 09:56 AM
  5. Online Video Metadata
    By mszalay in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 01:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •