Hello,

I'm having trouble getting Mezzmo to stream the files on the NAS - as described in the FAQ.

Mezzmo v5.3.0 (fresh install)
Windows: Win 7
NAS: QNAP 451+, name = REYNAS
Workgroup setup

Step 1
-----------
Service account still running as local system (default). Client launched as normal user.

I add to the library using \\REYNAS\Movies\Test - which has 3 dvds in it - all catalog just fine.
I add to the library a local test folder, D:\Movies\testlocal - which has 3 other dvds in it - all catalog just fine.

So I have two library additions - test (NAS) and testlocal ( D: ) drive.

I go to DLNA client (TV) and can see, navigate, movies show under Videos/movies:
The testlocal folder will play movies.
The test NAS folder will not play movies, although it shows up.

This is pretty much what I expected after reading the FAQ.

I can log into the web and move about.

Step 2
-----------
User: mezzmo - created on QNAP and WIN7 machine, same password. note that the directions on the FAQ do not explicitly state that you need to create the user on the WIN7 machine, but otherwise there is no other way to select the user for the Mezzmo service later.

Windows Credential provided for REYNAS in windows credential for "mezzmo" user.

Set local policies per FAQ.

Rebooted.

Change Mezzmo service account to local "mezzmo" user account and restart the service.

Close and restart Mezzmo. Everything looks normal.

Web access now no longer works, no matter what I do (set up a new user, etc.).

I go to the DLNA client (TV), but the folder does not show up, and nothing is under Videos/movies.

Step 3 (WORKS)
-----------
I finally began to draw a conclusion that there was something awry between the client and the service, as the service was running under the "mezzmo" user I created, but I was launching the client as my own login (i.e. normal desktop shortcut).

I ran the Mezzmo application "as" the mezzmo user. None of the libraries I created previously showed up, so I re-created them, exactly as above.

I tested against TV - now both NAS and local libraries stream just fine.

Web shows up and works fine, but it won't launch correctly from the client.

Anything deviating from this doesn't work - I've tried all kinds of combos I could think of.

Final thoughts - assistance?
-----------
So this is clearly not exactly as described in the FAQ. In the end, I have to run the Mezzmo client "as" the mezzmo user I created, and run the service as the mezzmo user as well. Any deviation from this seems to create problems.

From what I can understand, Mezzmo support believes I should be able to create a windows credental and then somehow run the service... but you can't do that without a user. Once it's running as that user, it no longer communicates correctly to the libraries unless the libraries were created with the client run AS the user.

I hope I've described it sufficiently. Anything I can do to make this less twisty would be appreciated.

Best,

John