Thread: Weird issue that I've run into

Default Weird issue that I've run into

When I first setup Mezzmo, I had added several folders to the library. Later, I decided I didn't want one of the folders in it, so I removed it from the library.

I recently setup a new smart playlist to show me all titles that have no description so I could manually address them.

Description is <null>
    File Type is Video.

I have noticed that titles from the removed folder are showing up in this playlist, even though it's not actually in the Mezzmo library.

Any idea how this is happening ?

Thanks

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by joe33067 View Post
    When I first setup Mezzmo, I had added several folders to the library. Later, I decided I didn't want one of the folders in it, so I removed it from the library.

I recently setup a new smart playlist to show me all titles that have no description so I could manually address them.

Description is <null>
    File Type is Video.

I have noticed that titles from the removed folder are showing up in this playlist, even though it's not actually in the Mezzmo library.

Any idea how this is happening ?

Thanks

Joe
    You need to run maintenance with the "Remove media files from your Mezzmo library that cannot be found on your computer" option selected. Just removing a folder from your disk drive doesn't remove it from the library.

Did that, twice.

The movies still show up when I use that smart playlist that I described above.

Did that, twice.

The movies still show up when I use that smart playlist that I described above.
    If you go into the properties of one of the files in the Smart Playlist look at the folder location at the bottom and see if it points to something which really exists on your hard drive.

Did that as well.

The file does indeed exist - it's just in a completely different folder structure, one which is NOT part of the mezzmo library.

And yes, I did run maintenance again (and I have the option to remove files which do not exist selected - however - as the files do exist, just not part of the library - I am unsure as to why they would be showing up in the smart playlist).

Did that as well.

The file does indeed exist - it's just in a completely different folder structure, one which is NOT part of the mezzmo library.

And yes, I did run maintenance again (and I have the option to remove files which do not exist selected - however - as the files do exist, just not part of the library - I am unsure as to why they would be showing up in the smart playlist).
    The key to finding the answer may be in the attributes of the smart playlist. What is the smart playlist criteria ? In the end somehow Mezzmo is finding this folder. One option is if you have media sharing turned on within Windows. A kludge approach until you can figure this out is to add a parameter to the Smart playlist to not include anything with the file path where these files are at. They'll still be in your library but not displayed in the smart playlist.

Just tried doing that, adding "file path contains" and the name of the folder.

The titles still show up.

I'm just gonna chalk it up to gremlins... not worth the trouble at this point since I'm the only one using the list.

Thx guys for the help.