Hi there,

I've tried most DLNA server listed on the Wikipedia DLNA servers comparison page in order to check which works better with my setup (a Samsung 55'' TV UN55F8000) and buy a license for it. Sadly, every server has it's quirks and issues, so there's no clear winner.

I really started to like your server, specially because it transcoded right some files that Mezzmo was corrupting (half screen was green). They were the "Ancient Aliens" seasons, that I think are in a strange format (because every video player struggles with them), but luckily your server transcoded it fine right away.

So, some things that I'm experiencing with your server and that I'd like to know if it would be possible to fix:

1) Thumbnails are displayed awfully small. I've read a couple of thread on this forum (don't have the links right now) with a user that said that they were retrieved as 160x160 and supposedly you were about to push a patch for that. That post was on December 2013. I'm trialing the latest version and it still has the same problem

2) Why can't I skip forward files while they are being transcoded? The same thing happens with Mezzmo, but some other media servers (such as Wild Media Server) allows me to skip EVERY file, even with burnt in subtitles, overlay subtitles; whatever. But with your server, I can't skip if the video is being transcoded

3) I've noticed on the status part of your application that some transcodings that were left running there (I started playing the video, stopped it and the server continued transcoding anyway) show a speed of 7 FPS. Again, other servers blaze away at transcoding those files at 60 ~ 200 FPS according to them. Why is this difference? I'm running a Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz with 4 GB RAM

Well, I think that's it so far. Please let me know if I could do something to fix this issues and I think I'll get me a license soon!

Thanks in advance