Quote Originally Posted by smitbret View Post
I am curious about what you mean by "native kodi experience". For us, I favorited the library from the Kodi Plugin and then stuck the favorited link on the Kodi Blade. The default skin, Confluence, won't let you do this but most of the add-on skins will let you stick a favorite on the blade. Makes it a one-click and in experience. I have found that the Plugin seems to update the library much more reliably than the DLNA source.

I do notice a difference between Kodi on my Chromebox and Kodi on my RaspPi2. The Chromebox definitely has more glitches, screws up the poster and fanart, fails to update, etc. on a much more regular basis than the RaspPi2 does. Both run the latest non-beta version of LibreELEC.
...bit late replying to you - apologies.
I think we're on the same page. 'native kodi experience' meaning the left/right slide menu. I like how it graphically handles movies/tv/shows/music, recently added, and so on. It's a nice, polished UI experience and the family is comfortable with it.

I appreciate everyone's suggestions and feedback. I still have more testing to do.